Wednesday, February 11, 2009

1st Dentist Appointment

Easton had his first dentist appointment today. To tell you the truth it all seemed rather pointless to me. At least we got a free tooth brush out of it. The only reason I brought him in was so he could have a good experience at a young age. I guess they don’t generally do any cleaning on kids until they are 2 ½ or 3 so Easton still has another year before we have to worry about that. All they did was look in his mouth to see how many teeth he had and then tell me to brush them twice a day and not give him very much candy or juice. I think he had a good experience. He got to play with all the toys in the waiting room while I filled out paper work that I already filled out at home before we got there (I guess the guy was new and didn’t realize that he was having me fill out the same thing twice). I brought it to his attention that it was the same thing just printed on different paper, but he insisted that one was for the dentist and one was for their records. I filled it out and then later the hygienist just laughed and made fun of the guy (I guess he had done it a couple of times before). I felt a little bad for the guy because the hygienist brought it to his attention and I think she embarrassed him. Easton also enjoyed climbing up the dentist chair several times and then sliding down it while we waited for the dentist (apparently it’s a slide). Although Easton didn’t seem to like his teeth getting looked at he did like his slide and did not want to leave it. He became a little upset when it was finally time to go.

1 comment:

Sled Family said...

Your a dork!........My dentist said it is absolutely pointless to take kids to the dentist until 4. Unless of course the teeth are rotting out of their head. Up until the age of 4 if they really want to look at the teeth they have to drug to poor kid