Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine’s Weekend

Lucky me I got to celebrate Valentine’s all weekend long. On Friday Easton and I went to play group and had a valentine party. We got to make a valentine bag, eat yummy food, visit/play with friends, and pass out/receive valentines. Easton really enjoyed putting a valentine in each bag but enjoyed even more the candy he got from a few valentines. When we got home he got into his bag pulled out the chocolate candy, unwrapped and ate about two pieces before I had any idea what he was doing. I had no clue he knew how to unwrap chocolate candy. He usually will just put part of the wrapped candy in his mouth and suck on it or hand it to me to open for him. Also, when we got home from play group I was surprised with a bouquet of daisies and yellow roses and English toffee from Nathan.





Is he going to eat the tiger or is he growling like a tiger? Your guess is as good as mine.




On Saturday, Nathan and I dropped Easton off at a friends house and went to a Medieval Times show/meal. It wasn’t the traditional romantic dinner but we had a lot of fun. The show was about two hours full of trained horses and jousting. We sat in the blue section which meant we were cheering for the blue knight. I was a little upset that he never threw me a rose I mean he threw out probably about six of them. We were told before the show to boo for the green knight because he was the bad knight. Anytime he came near us Nathan would boo him and there were a few times where this mean knight looked directly at Nathan and gave him a very dirty look. It was so mean! The meal was way more than I think anyone could eat. Nathan finished it but he was so full that I don’t think he ate anything the rest of the day. The meal consisted of tomato bisque soup, garlic bread, roasted chicken (huge), spare rib, herb-basted potatoes, and a pastry. Anyone who knows me really well knows how hard it is for me to eat things on the bone but surprisingly I did it (I think it helped that it was really dark in the castle so I couldn’t really see what it was that I was eating). Oh, and did I mention that we had to eat everything with our fingers! We all got crowns when we first entered the castle and all the ladies got a rose. We also got a flag (blue) to help cheer on our knight. Nathan and I really enjoyed ourselves. It was so nice to get out just the two of us. I forgot how nice it is to just hang out with my handsome. I love Easton to death but I think Nathan and I might do this a few more times before the next baby comes.

2 comments:

Myk said...

That dinner sounds like fun! Wade always gets grossed out from anything on a bone too, you Whiting's...

Hot Gma said...

Sorry guys. I guess that's my fault.