Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The things my kids say and do...

On Monday when I went and picked Easton up from pre-school his teacher told me that Easton and a boy named Jayden are become pretty good buddies. When we got home I started asking Easton about his day at pre-school.
Me: So I hear that you have a new friend named, Jayden.
Easton: Yep, and Aaron too.
Me: Oh, so Jayden and Aaron are your friends?
Easton: Yep, those my boys!

I'm working with Easton on learning to identify his letters and the sound each letter makes. He is doing pretty well but still has trouble with a few. Anyways today when we got to Dd he of course said B because he thinks b,d,and p (sometimes q) are all b because they all look pretty similar. Once I finally convinced him it was D then I asked him what sound D makes.
Easton saw the picture of the dog and said, "Dog!"
Me: "Dog starts with the letter D but what sound does it make?"
Easton: "woof, woof."

I have no idea where Easton picked this up (maybe from other kids at pre-school?) but anytime Blair does something that she shouldn't Easton will say, "Bad boy!" I don't like that saying but for some reason after the first time I told him not to say it anymore I corrected Easton by saying Blair's not a boy she's a girl so now when I tell him not to say it he says, "Bad boy, girl!" I guess I need to make myself more clear in more than one way! I also caught him a couple of times today spanking her after he said "Bad boy!" and when I was telling Nathan about this right before dinner Blair was behind me spanking me!?! Oh, how they catch on quickly...


Also randomly today Blair learned to put her pointer fingers in her ears. It looks as though she is going around thinking, "Nananananana I can't hear you!"

The last couple of days when Blair does something she shouldn't I will ask her, "Do you need a time out?" and she will without hesitation walk over to where Easton sits for time out and just sit there. I'm pretty sure to her it is just a fun game. Now when she gets out of time out I will tell her she needs to go and tell ______ sorry. It's funny because she does exactly what Easton does which is a soft brush of the hand against the person she is saying sorry to. We used to have Easton hug the person he was saying sorry to but for some reason the hug over time turned into a brush of the hand. Not sure how or why but I guess it still gets the point across that they are sorry. It is just funny to me the things Blair picks up on from Easton.



This is the face I get now anytime I pull out the camera to take pictures. Don't you just love cheesy faces?



Blair's also in the trying to jump stage. She will walk around the house and then out of no where she will yell, "jump" (only it doesn't sound anything like jump but the way she says it and the action that follows I know that it means jump) and she'll try to jump. I like this stage along with her trying to run stage. It is all just too cute!

I took the kids to a service project last Saturday. We were supposed to pick up trash around a local park. Easton actually surprised me and helped out a little. I think he just liked holding the stick that picks up trash. I'm pretty sure it was used more for sword fighting plants along the path than it was for picking up trash but he did pick up about 10 pieces of trash. After about a half hour he started complaining and wanted to go home. I told him that if he helped out a little longer than we could go to the park and play. I think that motivated him a little and we were able to do about 10 more minutes before he started complaining again. I brought my camera but forgot to take pictures of the service project but I did get a video of Blair going down the slide by herself. She loves slides!


I like how she has a hard time getting herself back up because her big belly is in the way!

No comments: