Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blair's First Haircut

I finally decided to cut Blair's hair. The ends were starting to bug me and I figured it would look thicker once it was cut. I think it looks better than what she had before but I think I cut it a little too short. I was pleased for my first attempt at cutting #1 girls hair and #2 Blair's hair since she doesn't like to hold still for nothing. Nathan caught me later in the day fixing some pieces of hair that needed trimmed in the back (it looked like Blair had a rat tail back there...I know Aunt Kaity would have been proud of the rat tail but it just had to go). Anyways, Nathan told me, "you're just like your mom!" My mom always cuts our hair and is known to follow us around the house at least the same day we got our hair cut (sometimes days after) with a pair of scissors fixing the pieces of hair sticking out. I told him to give me a break that it was my first time cutting a girl's hair and I had no idea what I was doing. But to be honest I probably will be just like my mom and follow my kids around especially if I find something that needs to be fixed. It was how I was raised okay?

Before:
After:


Just this last week we decided to move Blair into her new room so she could get used to sleeping in there and get used to sleeping on a toddler bed (we don't have a bed yet so she is just sleeping on the mattress on the floor. I wish I could say that her room is all decked out and as cute as can be, but it's not. I haven't found any bedding that I like yet so her room is as plain as can be. Poor girl. Hopefully in the next month or two it will be super cute. This was how I found her the first night in her new room. Right next to the gate at her door. I like how she is cuddling her baby.

3 comments:

SMT Family said...

You did an awesome job cutting her hair. You are brave. I'm not sure what I'll do when Savvy needs a cut...who knows, she probably does now, but with her curls I don't have a clue how to even style her hair.

Blair looks adorable in the After photo...such a cute girl!

Child Family said...

I think blairs hair looks a lot better now. I could not do that with Ashlyn's hair. Her hair is curly not straight, so it would look terrible! I never saw any pictures of you and the kids at the fish place!

Hot Gma said...

Good job Ash. Your mommy is sooooooooo proud of you. Blair is way cute. She likes pictures doesn't she?