Friday, June 10, 2011

39 1/2 weeks


Okay here's the absolute last picture I'm going to take of myself before this baby comes. I feel huge and swollen. I'm guessing I'm starting to retain water like I did with Easton. What is it with my boys!?! I definitely don't remember this being a problem with Blair. Anyways, I'm almost to the point where I'm done with this pregnancy and ready for this baby to come. I guess it's good that I only have 2 more days until my due date. Hopefully I won't be too much of a complainer these last few (several?) days. My sister comes in town Sunday so hopefully she and my nephews will distract me enough to get through the last part of my pregnancy.

The last couple of days have been a little crazy for me. I finally hit my tired stage where I need to take a nap. I'm just glad that it is just starting now and wasn't my whole or most of my 3rd trimester. Also the last couple of days I've been having cramps here and there which get me a little excited that baby boy is coming but after about 20-30 minutes it stops. This is all new to me because it wasn't like that with the other two.

In other news I have been keeping myself busy with some projects. Sue always makes baby quilts for the new little ones. She bought the material for this baby but never got around to making it before she passed away. Layne gave me the material and I was determined to make it myself. I had my friend Molly help me come up with a simple design that I could do for my first attempt at making a quilt. I know it's very simple and most likely not as complex as Sue would have done but I'm still happy with the results. This is how it turned out. Lucky for me Molly's sister (who lives in Utah) puts quilts together so after I finished the top of the quilt we sent it to her to put it together for me. I'm excited to get it back and see what the finished product looks like. Molly leaves for Utah today and comes back in about a week so I will definitely post pictures of what it looks like when I get it back.

Here's a closer look at the design:
I've also been making more ties and bow ties for the boys. I still have a few more to do but that might have to wait until after the baby comes.


Nathan's finally done with all his crazy hard rotations for this year. YEAH!!! He only has about a week left of pathology and then he is done with his residency year. He graduates on the 22nd and then he starts radiology on the 27th. Hopefully this baby comes sooner rather than later so that Nathan can actually get some paternity leave before he starts radiology. I guess we will just have to see how stubborn this child will be.

Nathan also just started ground school. I know a little crazy since we are about to add a new little one to the mix but it has always been a dream of his and it seems as though this is really the only opportunity he will have for a long time. He is hoping to have his pilots licence in about 4-6 months but we will just have to wait and see. Ground school is 10 weeks long (tues and thurs nights for three hours). He's already attended one week of school so we only have 9 more weeks left. It shouldn't be too bad since I'll have family in town to help for most of it so it probably is the best time for all of us. Plus, I've been kind of use to not having him around much with the last couple of rotations so maybe its good he gets all the schooling out of the way now before the kids and I get used to having him around and expect him to be around. If that makes sense.

No comments: