Thursday, December 16, 2010

Easton at 3 1/2

So Easton has been 3 1/2 for about 2 weeks now but as usual I'm behind. I've decided that I need to do a better job of writing down the funny things my kids say/do. Since I knew that I needed to write a post on Easton I've been doing a little better the last little while of writing them down so that I wouldn't forget.

Nathan was saying the dinner prayer and Easton in some way or another has to say all the prayers (whether he copies the person saying the prayer so he says it himself). Anyways, Nathan said something along the lines of, "Please help us to remember Jesus during this Christmas season." Easton then repeats, "Please help us to remember.......SANTA!" Not quite what we had in mind but it was a nice try anyways...

Nathan was giving the FHE lesson about Jesus' birth and why we celebrate Christmas. Towards the end of the lesson Nathan asks Easton, "Whose birthday do we celebrate on Christmas?" Easton: "Santa!" I guess we have a lot of work to do. It is weird though because we've never made a big deal about Santa for Christmas. In fact I don't think we have anything in our house that is Santa related and in the past Santa has never brought gifts to our family. We just say who they are really from (not sure if that takes away some fun) but that is what we have decided to do for our family. He has sat on Santa's lap in previous years but has been scared of him (most of the time) so I really have no idea why everything seems to be about Santa this year. Maybe he hears about Santa at preschool and sees all the other kids really excited about him?

Speaking of preschool...Easton is doing really well. He is the youngest in his class but he is keeping up with all the older kids. His teacher told me that when no one else in the class knows the letter, she can always count on Easton to know it. He is working really hard at learning to write his letters. Each week they get better and better.

Recently Easton has been dissing on Nathan (not on purpose but it is still pretty funny). Yesterday we went for a walk around the neighborhood.
Easton: "Run like Daddy!"
Me: "Sorry Easton I'm not cool like Daddy. We're just walking today."
Easton: "You're cooler than Daddy!"
Thanks Easton! That made my day!

After dinner one night Easton pulled up his shirt and said, "Look mommy, my tummy's big like yours." Several seconds go by and then Easton pats his tummy and says, "Look my belly's big like daddy's!"
I have an excuse as to why my tummy is getting bigger. I'm not sure what Nathan's excuse is...

We went grocery shopping last night as a family and when we pulled into the garage I noticed that Nathan's car had marks all across the side of his car. I asked Nathan about it but he had no idea where they came from. After examining the marks we still couldn't figure it out but Nathan thought maybe Easton was behind it. I had my doubts but decided to ask Easton about it anyways.
Me: "Easton did you do something to daddy's car?"
Easton: "I just colored with my cheese stick!"
That explains why his cheese stick was dirty before we left to go grocery shopping and why he didn't want it anymore.

This morning while I was helping Easton get ready for preschool I noticed a mark on his back (it looked like a carpet burn).
Me: "Easton you have a mark on your back, what happened?"
Easton: "A mark on my back? Is it poop?"
What!?! Why in the world would he think he had poop on his back? And if he did why would he be so calm about it?

One of Easton's favorite saying these days are, "Be nice to me!" When he doesn't get his own way..."Be nice to me!" When he gets put in time out..."Be nice to me!" You would think that we were the meanest parents in the world!

The other day I overheard Easton telling Nathan, "Blair's ruining my operation!" Where does he come up with these things?

Apparently Easton is going to marry Blair!?! I tried to explain to him that he couldn't marry his sister and that he would have to marry someone else but he is pretty adamant that he is marrying Blair when he gets older. I have to admit that I was a little sad because I always thought that a boy's first love was their mommy. I guess I'm just too old for him? Or maybe it is because I'm not nice enough to him?

No comments: