Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! Oh, and happy 6 1/2 years of marriage to Nate and I! I didn't actually realize that Valentine's Day was our 1/2 anniversary until our 1st year of marriage. I think it is kind of neat and I actually really like it. We ended up celebrating on Saturday since that was Nathan's only day off last week and he for sure had to work all day today. My day started off with breakfast in bed (heart shaped french toast, bacon, and strawberries). In the evening we went to this really cool restaurant in San Francisco called Opaque. Once we stepped into the restaurant this is what we saw:


That's right it was completely dark. It's called dining in the dark and they weren't kidding. You couldn't see a thing. It was a little strange at first but once you got used to it, it was actually really fun. I especially liked the fact that there really weren't any distractions like watching other people (you couldn't even see your hand if you held it in front of your face), hearing other people's conversations (i think we were the only ones in the restaurant for most of our dinner), loud music or television. Basically it was just Nathan and I (well and our waitress when she brought us our food) and it was nice to sit back and have a great conversation with my handsome. Another cool thing was all the waitresses/waiters are all visually impaired so its not weird/creepy like that one movie where they could see you but you couldn't see them. We had a great time and the chicken and cake I got was amazing! Too bad it was pretty expensive because I'm definitely craving that cake right now. Thanks for the wonderful day Handsome! I love you!

No comments: