Friday, December 9, 2011

It's Christmas Time!

Wow! It's already December and I haven't blogged yet! I hate it when I get behind because then I have so much to blog about and I feel like everything is rushed just to get it all down. But it is what it is...

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner with Valerie and her son, William. I just love Valerie. She is basically my kids' adoptive grandma! Easton goes to her place for preschool three times a week and recently she has let Blair stay about twice a month which Blair just LOVES! Every time we get home Easton and Blair generally jump out of the car and run up to Valerie's. Most of the time she is kind enough to let them stay for a few minutes and sometimes up to an hour. Blair loves her "Balerie!"
We got a new Christmas tree this year. We put up our old Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving but the top lights on the tree wouldn't light up. Well, I take that back...Most of the time they wouldn't light up. Every once in a while they would flicker on for a few seconds and then go off. We figured it was time to get a bigger tree so the kids get the older one up in their playroom. Dexter loves our Christmas tree especially climbing as high as he possibly can (which is almost to the very top!) and all the ball ornaments. There has to be at least 20 ornaments off the tree and the second I put them back on and leave the room they are already back off. It is so annoying. If you notice in the first picture there is a spray bottle sitting nicely next to the couch. It gets used quite a bit while we are home and can catch Dexter in the act! I heard Citronella oil is supposed to keep cats away but Dexter doesn't seem to mind it one bit. I've just come to terms that our cat is one in a million! He does a lot of things I think is not normal for cats. Besides his obsession with water he seems to love vegetables. Give him the choice between chicken and a vegetable he would probably go for the veggie! So far I have found he likes peas, asparagus, and tomato soup/ tomato sauce. He also loves strangers. He will cuddle with any new person that comes into our house. Anyways, enough about our strange cat...

Nathan went out for Black Friday and got us a new computer. It's a love/hate relationship for me. I love how fast it is and how nice it is but at the same time I hate new things because it takes me forever to figure out how to use them! I swear once I finally figure things out then it's time to get a new one and the whole process starts over again.
This handsome dude left us for almost a week because he had to go to Chicago for a radiology convention. Lets just say that I survived! Actually it wasn't that bad. Besides being told multiple times by Easton that he hated me and that he didn't want me to be his mom anymore (its just a phase....), Blair flushing a toy car down the toilet, and hitting her head on the toilet bowl, we had a pretty good week.

Blair had her first Dentist Appointment. She actually did better than I thought she would but really all they did was count her teeth. I think it helped that we took her to where our neighbor, Molly, works. Molly cleaned Easton's teeth and checked out Blair's teeth.

Valerie and Ian went with us to the Festival of Trees. We went on the last day which is kids day. They have a bunch of crafts for the kids to do.
Blair gluing Jelly Belly's onto her Christmas tree. I'm pretty sure she ate more Jelly Belly's than she put on her tree but then she even started to eat the ones off her tree!
Easton's Jelly Belly Christmas tree.

After checking out all the Christmas trees we sat down and listened to a jazz band play Christmas music. Dyer had a great time with Valerie!

Before we left Easton wanted to see Santa! We got a picture with all three kids (I'll have to see if I can get that picture on here later) and none of them cried! I really wish that I would have bought two pictures now because there was a really cute picture of Dyer with a huge smile on his face but I didn't end up buying it because Blair for some reason looked stoned in the picture. I should have just bought it anyways...

Afterwards we went out to eat at Outback. Surprisingly the kids were actually pretty well behaved. That is probably because they listen really well to Valerie.

I'll post more hopefully later today or tomorrow but for now I've got to get ready so I can take Easton to preschool...

No comments: