Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Easton's first day of Kindergarten!!!

Easton started Kindergarten on August 22nd.  I know he was really excited to go to Kindergarten but I could tell that he was pretty nervous about it too.  He got to meet his teacher (Ms. Crummey-Smith) two days before school started and I think that helped a lot.  He found out that one of his good friends from preschool/church was going to be in his class.  I could tell that he was really excited about this and I was glad that he had at least one person he knew pretty well in his class. 

Video of Easton the morning of his first day of kindergarten:

We went out the day before school started and bought him some clothes and his back pack.  I don't generally wait until the last minute but I didn't realize until we met his teacher (two days before school started) that he needed a BIG back pack so off we went!
Easton

Dinosaur back pack!  
I had to get a picture of his bag because it cracks me up how big it is on him.  I wouldn't be surprised if we could squish Easton up in a ball and fit him inside of it.

Attempt #2 at getting all the kids in a group shot.  Dyer is still not cooperating.  

Of course we had to do a silly one!

I'm excited that I get to start volunteering in Easton's class this week.  Valerie said she would take Dyer for me so I could help out so I'm helping out twice a month when Blair's at preschool.  

After the first week of school I asked Easton if he still liked school and he said, "Not a whole lot because I don't like to get up early, I don't like to walk to school, and I REALLY don't like to work!"  Haha!  Well Mr. Easton you better get used to it because you have 9 1/2 more months of kindergarten and at least 13+ years of school left!  Wish us luck this year!

1 comment:

Child Family said...

Oh my! That back pack is huge!