Sunday, July 20, 2008

4th of July and new updates



EASTON




On the fourth of July weekend a bunch of family came in town. It was nice to see about half of my siblings. On the fourth we went to a local park and played on the toys and then went out to eat and embarrassed my Dad for his birthday (he had no clue we told the restaurant it was his birthday). They came out and sang a song to him and made him wear a hat and balloons around his ears. I believe through the entire song he was glaring at one of us kids informing us that he was not very happy. Afterwords, we went back to my dad's and just let off fireworks outside his house. I can't remember the last time we let off fireworks at our house. It was a lot of fun and Easton and Kadyn were just amazed and very excited with all the bangs and color in the sky.


Uncle Brandyn, Cousin Kadyn, Easton, Uncle Wade



Uncle Wade pushing Easton in the toy car at Grandma's.



On the fifth we had a BBQ at my Dad's house. Easton had two whole hot dogs, tons of chips, and about one scope of ice cream. I can't believe how much this little boy eats. He probably eats twice as much as I do and I have no idea where he puts all that food (he definitely takes after his dad). He still practically weighs nothing.




My sister in law Mykle, my nephew Caleb, and my sister Kim


My sister and her kids decided to stay about two weeks longer. I think Easton had a lot of fun to have a playmate around even though he was constantly getting beat up. Easton and Kadyn had fun fighting over the same toys, dancing, swimming in the baby pool, going to the library for story time, hanging out at the pet store, and playing on the toys at the mall.





We kept finding Easton and Kadyn sitting right next to Ashlyn as she slept. I guess they were just being protective and making sure she was okay.






Easton and Kadyn dancing

Easton singing and dancing



Easton has learned a lot of new things recently. My absolute favorite is him giving kisses. It is the cutest little thing and something I have been waiting for for the longest time. I'm pretty sure he learned it from Kadyn and it is the one thing I approve of that he learned from him (he has learned a couple more things that don't make me very happy). Easton has also learned two more signs (eat and milk). He knows more, help (sort of), and all done (sort of). We still need work on help and all done. Just yesterday, Easton finally learned how to go down the stairs correctly by himself. This makes me really happy because now I don't have to worry so much when he goes close to the stairs. Both my mom's and dad's house have stairs and no gates. Easton is definitely going to take after his dad when it comes to climbing. Easton is now constantly trying to climb up and on anything and everything (tables, chairs, couches, toy cars, ovens, etc.) His favorite is probably coffee tables with the toy car as a close 2nd. He likes to climb on the coffee table and stand and dance in the middle. How do you tell a kid to stop doing something you know is wrong and rude, when you also can't help but think it is cute and can't stop laughing? His least favorite is by far the oven door. He attempted to climb up the door and ended up flat on his back crying with the oven door on top of him. You would think that one time would be enough, but I think he didn't want to be defeated. Luckily for him I turned around just in time to save him from what would have been defeat number two. Easton loves books now! It is so cute. He picks up a book (usually Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?), walks around the house to find me so I can read it to him, climbs up in my lap and just sits there while I read it to him. When I am finished he grabs the book, turns around half way so he can see me, and then hands it to me so that I can read it to him again. I just love this age. Easton is so much fun.


Easton's new Pajamas. Front view. Back view in picture above.


Toy car that Easton likes to stand on. Also Easton is very protective of this car. He will do anything to keep Kadyn from getting on it. If Kadyn is on it he will literally sit on his lap so that he is the one driving.



Apparently Easton thinks this is his new T.V. watching seat. It is just right.



Easton climbed under the chair and then couldn't figure out how to get out of jail.
















Before hair cut. After hair cut.



Nathan is having a pretty good time with Pediatrics in Texas. I don't think it will be his first choice, but I think he is still enjoying the fact that he is finally in the hospital and not doing book work. I believe Nathan is starting to think he will enjoy surgery more than medicine, but I guess only time will tell. He finally got his score back for the USMLE step one (first test of three for his license) and he did great! I am so proud of him. He worked so hard and he definitely deserved the score he got. Easton and I miss Nathan so much. Only three more weeks until we get to see him. We can't wait! We love you!

4 comments:

Heather, Rick and Savannah said...

Ashley, we totally miss you guys! It looks like Easton is doing lots of fun things. Aren't they fun at that age? I'm glad he is still the active little guy that he was before. I bet you are constantly running after him. These pics are really cute. Thanks for sharing them!

Diana said...

Oh we are so homesick for little Easton, and you too Ashley. We are very excited for you guys to come home. I love all the cute pictures.

dc_stewart said...

I love all of the pictures and it looks like you are having so much fun!! I don't know about you but I am itching to get back home and be in my own house. We can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks. I love Eastons new hair cut he looks so cute!

dc_stewart said...

Sorry Scottys laptop it was me.