Friday, October 24, 2008

Flashback Friday

The first Halloween I ever remember was back when I was 3 or 4 (I think). Anyways, I remember how excited I was to go trick or treating because after all what kid doesn’t like free candy. I remember going with my siblings and my dad. We hit all the houses on my street and then started going up the street next to ours. It was the second house on that street that seemed a little scary. I wanted my dad to come with me but he told me that I could do it with my siblings and he would wait right there for me. It had a lot of steps up to the front door and my siblings had already started the ascent up to the front door. I quickly (as quick as I could) tried to catch up to them and right when they had reached the door (I was about ¾ of the way up) this black figure reached out the window and grabbed me. Of course this scared the crap out of me and I began screaming and crying hysterically and then ran down the stairs to my daddy. I wanted to go home. I was done with this whole Halloween thing. The owners of the house felt horrible for what they had done and came down the stairs to apologize. Apparently they thought that a couple of handfuls of candy would help the situation. As my siblings can attest to I loved food and would do anything for it so naturally candy could solve all problems right? For the moment it did, I mean I was in heaven. This house alone tripled (at least) the amount of candy that was already in my bag. However, to this day, anytime I walk past that house, I still shiver as I remember that awful Halloween night. It will forever be the scary house.

No comments: