Sunday, October 12, 2008

Phillips Farm

Nathan and I took Easton to a local farm to pick out a pumpkin to carve for this year. It wasn’t as good as the farm we went to last year, but they had pumpkins and that was our main reason for going to the farm, so it all worked out. The farm also had some animals that Easton really seemed to enjoy. I think his favorite was by far the nasty, smelly, pig. It made me happy at first because pigs were always my favorite animal growing up but once I got close enough and smelled how stinky he really was, I couldn’t understand why Easton liked him so much. I think Easton was so interested in the pig because it was the only animals at the farm that he really hadn’t seen before, so it sparked his interests.

Easton with the chosen pumpkin.


Easton with the smelly pig.


Dad and Easton with the spider.


Before we headed to the farm, our apartment complex was having a fall festival. They had free food, games and activities for the kids, music, and a raffle. We really only stayed to eat but it seemed like it would have been really fun. We tried to put Easton in the bouncy house, but for some reason he was terrified to go in it (even when Nathan was going to go inside with him). I seriously thought he would have liked it because it seemed like a huge tent and Easton LOVES tents. Easton was tired and ready for a nap so maybe that is why.

After the farm we went shopping for some fishing equipment and a license. Nathan and I are going to attempt to go fishing this Monday. I have never had any luck with fishing but maybe this time I will. As long as I don’t have to eat any of the fish we catch I will be a happy fisherwoman!

1 comment:

Aleese and Scott said...

That is too fun! Looks like you guys had fun and a fishing day sounds like a blast! I am with you though I like to fish but don't really like to eat them. Have a fun day!!