Friday, January 8, 2010

Blair at 7 months

Blair is 7 months old today! I swear each month goes by faster than the last. She is still my little sweetheart and is definitely a mommy's girl. She is usually fine when someone else holds her just as long as I'm not in the room or somewhere where she can see me. But the second I walk in the room or she spots me, she whines and arches her back until either I come and get her or the person holding her gives her to me. It is definitely nice to be so loved.
On Saturday Blair started to say mama and I swear she knows that it refers to me. She seems to say it when she wants my attention because she looks right at me and says it until I look at her. I could be wrong but I believe it is true. She has said dada before but to me it just seems like she is making the noise (like baba) and not really understanding that it refers to Nathan.








We are still having a hard time with Blair eating solid foods. You would think after 3 months of this that she would finally figure it out, but no such luck. She had her weird technique of sticking out her tongue that seemed to work for about a week but now she doesn't even do that. Now she just blocks everything with her tongue (she definitely has a very strong, picky, and stubborn tongue). I thought it might be that she didn't like her veggies (which is understandable) but she does the same with her fruits. Who doesn't like fruit? I might just have to go back to squash because I'm pretty sure that was what she was eating with her weird tongue technique.

Blair still hates tummy time. I think she really dislikes it even more now that she has been out of practice for most of this holiday break. She was definitely spoiled when it came to family holding her all the time. Now that it is just Easton, Blair and myself during the days she has been getting more time on her tummy but complains almost the second I put her on her tummy. Hopefully we can work our way back to a half hour a day so she can start to creep or crawl. I'm not entirely sure that I am ready for this but because Easton started between 7-8 months I know it could happen here shortly. I definitely don't want to hold her back or delay her.
Blair must have known that I was going to write her 7 month post today because if I would have wrote it before today I would have said that she has turned into a really horrible sleeper (last night was actually pretty good). I'm not sure if it is because of all the travel or because she is starting to get her first tooth (maybe both?) but she has had a really hard and weird sleeping schedule. I am definitely not one of those people who let their kids sleep with them, but the last few nights I just gave up and let her sleep with us so that I could get some much needed sleep. I also didn't want her to wake everyone else in the house up. I'm glad that she slept pretty good last night so that we can hopefully stop this before it becomes a habit.

I just love this happy little girl. She just has the sweetest little smile that melts my heart.


1 comment:

Hot Gma said...

I agree, she is way cute. Her pictures, espcially the first one, brought a smile to my face. G-ma sure loves her.