Tuesday, August 10, 2010

San Francisco

We went to San Francisco this last weekend. We were going to take the ferry over but we got up later than we had planned and we also thought it would be fun to go to Muir Wood National Monument so we decided to drive instead. I forgot to take a picture but we definitely went to Ghiradelli's and got me some chocolate. In fact that was our very first stop. Nathan got me a bag of 50 squares of chocolate and they are sooo good! Then of course we had to show Easton and Blair Pier 39 where all the sea lions are located. On the way there Easton had to climb some stairs to get a better view of the bay.


Dad and Easton looking at the bay.

Blair
She was too busy to look at the camera.

Sea lions

Golden gate bridge
Even though it was foggy/over cast/cold we still managed to get a little burnt.

Driving across the bridge.

Muir Wood:
Parking there was crazy. We probably had to hike further from our car to the entry than the whole hike inside of Muir Wood.

Dad and Easton
Easton just woke up and was still sleepy.
Once we got inside Muir Wood Easton's energy came back and he was off running down the dirt paths. Once he did get tired and needed to rest for a while he often times wanted his mommy to hold him. It wasn't uncommon for me to have Blair on my back and Easton on my front. Silly boy!

Me and Blair


Easton inside one of the trees.
Whenever Easton found a hole in a tree he would run inside and wait to scare us. He also claimed that there were pumas and tigers and lions in the woods. He has quite the imagination these days.

Random:

Like I said Easton has quite the imagination these days. I swear he has two imaginary friends (we need to find him some real friends. The problem is there really aren't very many kids his age. I definitely miss my Maryland friends! He'll be starting preschool next month so hopefully that will help). I know one of his "friends" is Molly who is 2 and likes to hit and kick him and the other is a boy but I can't remember his name because I'm pretty sure Easton made the name up.

Easton is telling lies these days but he's not very good at it. The other day I had a meeting for Young Womens (I'm the beehive adviser. Nathan's the elder's quorum 1st counselor) so Nathan was home with the kids. Easton wanted a snack pack so he told Nathan that I told him he could have one which wasn't true. Then later Easton got in trouble so Nathan sent him to time out and he told Nathan, "Mom said I don't have to go to time out." Easton tried that one on me the other day too. "Dad said I don't have to go to time out."

Speaking of time outs. Blair is starting to hit and she thinks it is funny. We tell her no and she looks at us, smiles, and then hits again. Yesterday she hit Easton and of course Easton magically remembers all the rules when they apply to someone other than himself and he felt it was only fair that Blair get a time out for hitting him. I decided to appease Easton and told Blair to go to time out and she did it! She walked over to where Easton has his time outs, sat down, and gave each of us the biggest grin ever! I couldn't help but laugh. It was pretty cute and funny. Now to her it is a game. She kept putting herself in time out the rest of the evening probably because she kept getting laughs out of me. I think it is going to be hard to find a discipline that works for Blair because she doesn't take anything or anyone seriously. She thinks everything is funny.

Blair newest trick is throwing food on the ground. If she doesn't like it, it belongs on the floor. If she is done eating it, it goes on the floor. If her sippy cup is empty, it ends up on the floor. It's really annoying!!! I'm just glad that we don't have carpet under our kitchen table anymore.

Just the last couple of days Easton and Blair have really started to play with each other. It is way cute! They usually chase each other around the house, tickle each other, or climb into boxes together. Although it is generally short lived because Easton manages to turn most everything into a wrestling match, the small amount of time is filled with smiles and laughter. I'm just glad that they are starting to have fun together.

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

Josh and I went on a second honeymoon to San Francisco and the pics bring back happy memories! We found ourselves at Ghirardelli square right away and I was thrilled!