Thursday, November 13, 2008

Baby Aiden

So a lot has happened since I left Maryland for California to help my sister out with the delivery of her cute little baby boy. I will have to post later all the fun things we have done while here in Cali., but in the mean time I will post the most important thing that brought me here. On Nov. 10th my sister woke up at about 1:00 in the morning in pain and by 2:00 she was having contractions and started keeping track of them. By about 4:00 we decided her contractions were pretty consistent and called a friend to watch both Aaron and Easton while I took Jana to the hospital. This was supposed to be my mom's job (to be the coach) but because she was still in Washington awaiting her flight I was the one designated to drive and be coach. We dropped the boys off around 4:40 and drove to the hospital. We pulled into emergency and had to basically take a tour of the entire hospital to find the labor and delivery area. When we finally got there I handed the lady my sister's medical card and ID (at about this time we believe my sister's water had just broke and her contractions were probably about 1 min or less apart). It was happening so fast. We actually didn't even have time to fill out the admittance slips. The lady realized that Jana was going so fast that they called someone who came and wheeled Jana quickly to the first room, told her to get up and take her pants off, and then lay down on the table. Once she was finally on the table the mid wife (no time to call the doctor) told her to push and after 1 1/2 pushes and 4 min after I handed the lady her medical card, baby Aiden Tong-Min was born. He was 6 lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long. He is so adorable. I am just glad that I got my sister to the hospital just in time for the mid wife to deliver her baby and not me. I guess the day before a lady delivered in the parking lot. Thank goodness that wasn't me and my sister.




Jana, Aaron, and Aiden




Proud big brother

2 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

WOW good thing you went out there or she would have been alone! He is adorable and what an amazing thing to be there when he was born. I am glad you are having a good time out there you are such a good sister!

Myk said...

He looks so much like Aaron. What a crazy birth story! I hope I have a quick delivery. Glad eveything worked out and that you were there to help out.