Friday, October 31, 2008

Flashback Friday

It was this time 5 years ago that my friends decided that they wanted to go to this haunted house. I kind of wanted to go but at the same time I had a really bad headache and needed to catch up on some homework. I decided to be the responsible one and stay behind to catch up. My best friend and roommate, Shannah, wouldn’t take no for an answer. “You have to go, pleeeese.” I just didn’t understand why she wouldn’t let me stay behind. I mean I thought I had good reasons why I couldn’t go and besides one of our other friends were staying behind for homework reasons (no headache involved) and no one was giving him grief for it. Finally it came out that she had invited Nathan (without my knowledge) to come along and told him I would be there. I was ticked.

Side note/very long tangent: Don’t get me wrong I thought Nathan was cute and he seemed nice (I really didn’t know him. I just knew one thing about him and that was enough to turn me off…He was an RM!!!!!) As many of you know or think to be true RM stands for Returned Missionary. My brother on the other hand warned me of these so called RM’s. He told me that they want you to think that the RM stands for Returned Missionary but in reality it stands for Ready to be Married. My brother, Wade, also warned me to stay far, far, away from the RM’s. As a freshman in college and promising myself that I wouldn’t be one of those lame people that get married after their freshman year I was determined to stay away from all RM’s.

It was bad enough that I already agreed (to make Shannah happy of course) to go on a double date with Nathan (Shannah and Bryce) that would happen a few days after this haunted house thing. This whole thing seemed like a lose/lose situation. If I didn’t have a good time with Nathan, then I would have a date with him in a few days and that would be awkward. But if I had a good time with him (which wasn’t going to happen) I would have a date with him in a few days and it might be a little harder to stick to the plan. Anyways, after much persuasion I decided (or maybe forced is the better word) to go. I ended up having a great time and at some point in the haunted house Nathan and I ended up holding hands. To this day we still disagree on who held whose hand first. I’m always right though so he held my hand. I mean there is no way that I would initiate holding a scary RM’s hand….NO WAY!

Happy five years of dating Handsome! I love you (even if you were a scary RM!)

3 comments:

SMT Family said...

I love this story. Oh the days! Good thing it all worked out or I would have been in even more trouble. Love you guys! smt

Aleese and Scott said...

So cute! I never knew that! Isn't it funny how life works out! What a cute story! I hope your flight went well today. We will miss you guys!

Diana said...

Hey Ash, we miss you! Hope you guys are having fun? Hows that bump? I hope you haven't been too sick. We'll see you soon!