Thursday, April 7, 2011

April Fools Day

First off April 1st marked the anniversary of Nathan proposing to me 7 years ago. Yes, he proposed to me on April Fools Day and I admit I was a little worried at first that it was a joke. Mainly because his co workers at the time kept joking around with ways to make it seem as though Nathan might be proposing to me.

I've never really been one to participate in April Fools Day for whatever reason but Nathan has told me in the past that his mom used to play tricks on them growing up with food. I saw some cupcakes in a book I have a while ago and thought it would be fun to play a joke on someone with them. Since Easton is getting older I thought he might have fun with it.

First off I made the spaghetti and meatball cupcakes while Easton was busy playing upstairs and then hide them on top of the fridge so he couldn't see them.

I saved about half the cupcakes and had Easton come down and help me decorate them so that he knew we had regular cupcakes.

Later that night I made sure to ask Easton if he wanted spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Luckily he was on board.

After I made dinner I called Easton down for dinner and told him that I had good news and bad news. The good news was we had spaghetti and meatballs and cupcakes for dinner but the bad news was the spaghetti and meatballs fell on top of the cupcakes. I showed him the plate and asked him if he still wanted to eat it. Surprisingly he said yes. He really must have been hungry. He was pretty concerned about it though. He kept asking me why it happened. Finally I told him it was a joke and showed him the real cupcakes and spaghetti and meatballs. I think he was still a little confused but I still got a little laugh out of him.

I played the same joke on Nathan when he finally got home that night from work. I'm glad that I got him before Easton came down the stairs because I think Easton would have ruined it. Easton came into the kitchen and immediately had to explain to Nathan what everything was on the cupcakes ("it's really strawberry jam and shocloate"). It was pretty cute to see him chuckling as he was explaining it to Nathan.

Random picture of the kids I forgot to post:

The kids got these swimsuits from G&G Kelsey. They absolutely love them and want to be wearing them all the time. I've even hid them from them because it was getting a little out of hand. They always seem to find them though and on they go. This particular day they also found the bag of winter stuff and had to get all dressed up. Easton had preschool this day. Luckily for me I was able to get him in some normal clothes and he only left the house with his snow boots on.

No comments: