Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back in Maryland

We are finally back in Maryland. It is definitely nice to be home but I’m really starting to miss the sun and warm weather back in Florida. Our car ride home was of course long and seemed even longer since both Easton and I came down with some sort of bug (the second day) and were sick for about half of the ride. Our plan was to drive through the night and possibly stop for a few hours to sleep at a rest area if necessary but once we stopped at around midnight Easton woke up and was full of energy. He was not going to let us sleep for anything. We decided to find a motel and sleep until we woke up and then drive the rest of the way home. Nathan and Easton fell asleep almost instantly but for me my night just began. My stomach started hurting really bad and within a half hour of trying to fall asleep I found myself making several trips to the bathroom to throw up. It was a continuous cycle for about 9 hours straight. In the morning when Easton woke up he started to throw up. At first I was thinking he was just copying me because he had done it in the past when I was really sick with morning sickness. I decided to play it on the safe side and just give him crackers for breakfast just in case and sure enough he threw that up all over himself, blanket, and new car seat. We pulled over and cleaned everything up and luckily that was the last time Easton threw up. My stomach also started to settle by then but I was still a little nauseous on and off the rest of the way home.

We are all healthy and happy now. Nathan just started his surgery rotation yesterday so I will basically be a single parent for the next several weeks. Let’s just hope that Blair doesn’t decide to make an early appearance. From what I heard Nathan (most weeks) will be working six days a week starting at 4:30am and finishing around 5:00pm. He will also have a 30 hour shift once a week. This doesn’t include his 45-60 minute commute each way. Poor Nathan. He is going to be so tired.
This picture is for Uncle Wade! Easton's new favorite thing to eat is chocolate pudding.

Video of Easton climbing. Nathan's got to be excited about this. In no time Nathan will have a new rock climbing buddy.

No comments: