Sunday, March 15, 2009

Week 3 - Pensacola

Week 3 – Pensacola

First off I am currently 28 weeks along. Here's a pictures of the lovely belly. Later this week I will need to go to the hospital and get the rhogam shot (lucky me). Baby girl Kelsey is still extremely active. She is constantly waking me up during the night kicking, stretching, and doing all kinds of summersaults. I think Easton is starting to understand that there is a baby growing inside mommy’s tummy. Just the last two days he has come up and started to rub my tummy and say, “baby”. Today he learned the word, “sister”. We have also been trying to teach him to say, “Blair” so I guess if he actually figures that one out then we might not have much of a choice but to call our little girl by that name. That is currently our top pick so unless something better comes along that will probably be her name.









One of the best things here in Pensacola is the sunsets. I could get used to walking on the beach and watching the sun go down daily.

We went to a little beach on base and Easton absolutely loved it. At this beach there is sand and water but no waves. Easton prefers calmer water over waves at the ocean. He enjoyed going into the water with Nathan and he even went in waist deep getting his clothes drenched. Easton also enjoyed watching and dumping sand on the crabs we were able to find.








Watching one of the crabs.



We decided to take Easton bowling for the first time. He seemed excited and interested in it for the first game but not so much the second game. By the second game we figured out how to set the ramp up and use a heavier ball for Easton so that he could knock down more pins. At one point in the game I thought Easton was going to beat me. We were tied for a while and then he pulled ahead of me, but in the end I came through and beat him. I almost lost to a 1 year old. Nathan killed us. He got his first turkey ever and ended the game with five strikes.

Nathan and Easton were nice enough to take me shopping yesterday. I got to finally shop with some peace and quiet as Nathan kept Easton entertained. We also took Easton to a park where we had a picnic and he got to play for a while. We then took Easton to Petsmart to look at all the animals. Hopefully that made up for all the suffering I put him though shopping. We also watched the moive mall cop.


Proof of Nathan's turkey and Easton pulling ahead of me.




Easton's first attempt.


Easton's second attempt.



The week wouldn’t have been complete without a trip to the beach. Easton actually enjoyed going into the water with the waves this time. We will now definitely have to keep a better eye on him now that he isn’t so scared of the waves.











Easton playing in the waves.

Easton licking the sand off his hands and eating it.

3 comments:

Hot Gma said...

Darling Ashley. Thanks for sacrificing your sleep to update for me. I love the one of Easton and the crab and Easton dancing on the sand before going into the ocean. Cute, cute, cute. What a doll. Your tummy is pretty cute too.

Aleese and Scott said...

Oh Ashley look at that cute little pregnant belly! Also I LOVE the name Blair it goes really well with Easton. Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun but it will be nice to have you back here also.

Can I say how jealous I am that you are in shorts and a t-shirt and playing in the ocean!!

Diana said...

Look how cute you look! I love the name Blair. It is perfect. Classy, yet it can be little girly too. I love it. Easton cracks me up, how come that kid loves to eat sand so much? Also, you guys have the best adventures, makes me wish I was your kid :)