Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Family Update

I wish that I could get Easton to do some of his cute things on camera but every time I take out the camera he will either stop doing it or he won’t do it at all. One of his newest and cutest things he is doing is counting. But not just counting, it is Count von Count-sesame street counting. No, he didn’t learn it by watching Sesame Street (he hardly watches TV) but he learned it from his daddy. Easton has a few sesame street books and one of them is a counting book with The Count. Anytime Nathan reads it to him he does the laugh “AH AH AH!” So now when Easton counts (he generally only counts to 2) he will do the laugh after. “One, Two, AH AH AH!” I laugh every time. This is the best video we could get.



Easton is also starting to try to sing songs with us. Before he would attempt to do the hand movements or just listen and sometimes dance but now he is actually trying to sing. He only gets a few words here and there (generally the first and last word of each line) but it is still really cute to have him try. He is probably the best at the Itsy Bitsy Spider. He also attempts to sing and sign the ABC song (which we sing and sign to him before he naps everyday). The other day he even tried to sing I Am a Child of God (this is the song we sing to him every night before he goes to bed).


Blair is as cute as ever! She still doesn’t do much just the normal newborn stuff: sleep, eat, and poop! She’s still very cute and we all love her to death (Easton was actually trying to hug her to death today…I don’t think he understands that we can’t give baby the same hugs we give mommy and daddy). It was cute but a little scary at the same time. Blair is doing really well with tummy time. She has a really strong neck. She is constantly moving her hand from one side to the other. She apparently has really strong feet too (I should have already known this since she was constantly kicking the crap out of me when I was pregnant with her)! Anyways, she can push herself using her feet from one end of the play mat to the other end. That is until the plastic bar gets in her way and won’t let her move any further. Yesterday she even turned herself 90 degrees.


Nathan is finally done with his third year of medical school (yeah)! Well, he’s been done for over a week now but I’m just finally getting around to writing about it. He is now a fourth year medical student. I can’t believe that he will be done in less than a year (he graduates May 15, 2010 for anyone who wants to come out and see him graduate). It has definitely gone by fast (at least for me. I don’t know if he would agree with this or not).

I’m starting to get the hang of having two kids now. I think the real test is taking the kids out by yourself. Our first outing was to the library last Thursday and it took us almost 2 hours to get ready and out the door (well I did talk to my mom during part of that time so it wasn’t quite 2 hours). Friday we went to play group at the pool and that was a lot easier and faster. We were ready almost 45 minutes earlier than we needed to be. I’m excited to say that I only have 15 more pounds to lose before I’m back to my pre-pregnancy weight and I am actually fitting into some of my pre-pregnancy pants already! It definitely feels good to not have to wear pregnancy clothes.

1 comment:

Hot Gma said...

Go Ashley!!!!!!!!!!!!!