Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Grandma's visit


The first two weeks of Blair joining our family, I have been really spoiled. Nathan took the whole first week off to help me and then my wonderful mommy came in to help the second week. I know most people say that you should take it easy when you have a baby but I have been feeling great and haven't been able to keep myself from going out and doing things. I can honestly say I feel so much better now that I'm not pregnant. I have way more energy. I know this is mainly because Blair is such a good sleeper but with help I can also take a nap anytime I want. I guess we will see what this week has in store for us now that I'm on my own. Here is what we have been up to this last week while grandma was in town visiting.



First trip to DC:


Botanical Garden:


Easton loved this water fountain. He kept running away and would end up here.




At the Botanical Garden they had a kids garden where the kids could water plants and dig in the soil. Easton had a lot of fun, especially playing in the water.



Kid size tool shed.




Easton playing with the gardening tools.




Digging in the soil.






Watering the plants.




This was Blair all day.





Washington Monument:





White House:




WWII Memorial:





Easton would have loved this water fountain so much more but unfortunately for him he was fast asleep.



Lincoln Memorial:






Making Cinnamon Rolls:




Easton and Grandma making Cinnamon rolls together. It is never a dull moment when Grandma's around.





Second trip to DC:


Natural History Museum


Easton on the metro sporting his new blue hair.




Family picture at Natural History Museum





Horsey Ride:



Easton didn't like that he wasn't getting Grandma's full attention. He wanted a horsey ride.





Thanks Grandma for coming and visiting us. We had a blast! We love you!


1 comment:

Wade Whiting said...

I'm only mildly embarrassed by the "Horsey Ride" video. I never remember Mom taking me out on one of those when I was little. Can I cash in an old rain check on that one now?