Monday, May 3, 2010

Catch up - two weeks ago

I am really behind on my blogging so I will try to catch up. Nathan had the last two weeks off so we all got to enjoy having Daddy around. Nathan came home a week early from his rotation in Texas so he could attend his AOA dinner. I can't tell you how excited I was to have him home a week early! I got to tag along to his AOA dinner and we left the kids with some friends. I wish I would have brought my camera so I could have got some pictures but Nathan told me not to. I think he thought that I would be the only one and that it would be weird or something. I still should have brought it just in case because there were definitely others who brought theirs. Oh well. We still had fun even though it was a little awkward at times since it was one of those fancy dinners. I really have no idea what to do at fancy dinners.




We enjoyed some time at the park and afterwards Easton enjoyed chasing the geese and squirrels near the lake.

Dad and Blair

Easton

Video of Easton chasing the geese:


I probably shouldn't have let him do this because he is doing it all the time now. Plus many of the geese have babies right now so it is scary for everyone. Easton isn't very happy now that I won't let him do it anymore.


Video of Easton trying to chase the squirrel:


I wish I would have started the video earlier because Easton kept running around the tree but couldn't find the squirrel. That squirrel is a clever one.





We also took a trip to Philadelphia.



Frame of where Benjamin Franklin's house and printing press used to be.


Cemetery where Benjamin Franklin is buried.




Dad and Easton with the Philly mascot? I think that is what Nathan told me it was.





Of course the liberty bell.


Washington Park




Where the declaration of Independence was signed.



Nathan of course had to get the Philly cheese steak! Every time he mentioned getting a cheese steak Easton and I thought he said cheese stick!


Easton of course wanted me to take a picture of him eating like dad.

Video of Blair drinking a smoothie:



I didn't get the best parts on video but every time we took the smoothie away or wasn't fast enough getting her some more she would clench her fists and freak out. I'm sure my family is thinking that this reminds them of a video of me when I was a little kid around Christmas time. Am I right?

Stairs Rocky ran up in one of the Rocky movies. We wanted to run up the stairs but it was getting late and we also didn't want to have to pay more for parking so we just drove around several times to get a decent picture. I know we're weird!


Its a bad picture(like I said we were driving) but if you look at the bottom left corner you might see the statue of Rocky.


Easton watching a movie on the way home. He finally will wear the headphones so now I don't have to listen to the same movies over and over again. This definitely makes me happy since we will be moving across the country in about 2 weeks.

This handsome guy took me to the adult stake dance. We had a lot of fun learning some dance moves, visiting with some friends, and eating some yummy food! We were definitely over dressed for the occasion (we knew this before we went though) but it was fun to see Nathan all dressed up in his tux. He has only been able to wear it once and I never got to see it so he decided he wanted to get some use out of it.



This cute little girl is working on her first tooth (bottom left!)

Random video of Easton singing "the elephant moves so slowly":
He loves this tape and could watch it all day if I let him.

2 comments:

Hot Gma said...

Thanks Ash. I have been checking every day for an update. I almost didn't check today. Easton sang me the elephant song on the phone yesterday. I asked him if he made it up.

SMT Family said...

Glad that you were able to enjoy some time with Nathan home. It looks like you used every minute for something exciting!