Monday, May 7, 2012

Dyer's first time "swimming"

So he hasn't been in a pool yet but it was his first time in a hot tub.  Even though his head went under a couple times he still loved it!  But who wouldn't when it was basically a huge bath tub!  Dyer loves bath time!  All Dyer wanted to do the whole time was try and drink the water hence the fact that his head went under a couple times.  

 Floating with two rings because neither one by themselves would work very well.


Trying out the shoe!  This one was worse because he couldn't get to the water like he wanted and ended up tipping it too far and capsizing.  Silly boy!

Video of Dyer swimming:


Because he capsized Valerie ended up getting into the water with him.  This is the second time where she has gotten into the water for my kids with her clothes on.  She probably shouldn't have been in the water since she just got surgery on her head the day before and probably wasn't supposed to get her bandage wet.  What she wouldn't do for my kids!



Earlier this same day I almost thought that Dyer might need stitches.  I had all the kids in the bath tub together.  Dyer kept standing up and Blair kept trying to get him to sit down.  I turned my back for a second to grab a near by towel so I could get Dyer out and the next thing I know Dyer's face down in the water.  I grab him and put him in the towel and I realize his eye is bleeding.  I have no idea what happened but I'm assuming Blair pulled Dyer down and he must have cut his eye (outside corner near his eye) on something on his way down.  The cut didn't look too bad and it wasn't bleeding a whole lot but since it was next to his eye I was a little worried and wanted to get it checked out.  I called Valerie to come over and watch Easton and Blair.  Nathan was working that weekend so I asked him to come and look at it and tell me if he thought it was something I should get checked out.  Since the cut wasn't very deep and wasn't all the way to the eye lid and his eye looked fine, Nathan said they probably wouldn't do anything.  Thank goodness for a doctor in the family so I didn't have to waste my time in the ER waiting room.

No comments: