Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Idaho Falls Zoo

I took the kids to the local zoo to give Grandma and Grandpa some quiet time and for the kids to get some fresh air.  Easton was battling a fever on and off this day.  As you can see from the picture below he wasn't feeling 100% and that is mainly why I decided to rent a stroller.  I thought if we were going to enjoy our day Easton needed some place to sit while we walked around the zoo.  Blair had a fever earlier in the week for about two days which I think she got whatever sickness was going around from her cousin Ella who had a fever the Saturday we arrived in Idaho Falls.  I ended up getting a fever/chills/aches/pains/sore throat the following day and I was miserable for about two days. Dyer was the only one who didn't get a fever while we were on vacation but he definitely got his fair share once we got home and he was teething!  We must have brought the sickness home because Nathan got the same thing as me just a week later.


Blair and Easton ready to check out the zoo.


Dyer and I.  Easton took the picture!

Video:


Feeding the ducks!


Blair


Easton


Penguin

Video:


Playground near the petting zoo


Dyer

My camera went dead so I wasn't able to take anymore pictures while we were at the zoo.  Not too long after this it started to rain?!?  I thought it might sprinkle a little bit but it was actually raining.  We hung out under a gazebo for a while, ate snacks and called Nathan as we were waiting out the rain.  It let up a little bit but we decided we would just tough it out and check out the rest of the zoo at a little faster pace.  Luckily all the kids had jackets and hats.  We definitely hung out a lot longer at the monkey house since it was indoor.  They had this one monkey that was definitely entertaining.  

When we completed the zoo (it didn't take that long since it's not a very big zoo) Easton was distraught that he didn't see the lions.  I told him that I was pretty sure that we saw the whole zoo and that maybe they didn't have lions at this zoo.  He kept pointing to the map that had a picture of a lion on it and saying that they have to have lions.  Since it wasn't raining anymore I decided to take the kids around the zoo again to see if we maybe missed the lions.  Sure enough they had lions but the first time we went through the lions just weren't outside.  Easton was definitely a lot happier once he was able to see the lions.  

Valerie gave each of the kids some money that they could spend while on vacation so they each got something at the zoo.  Easton got a penguin, Blair got a tiger purse, and Dyer got a kangaroo with a joey in her pouch.  Thanks Valerie!  You definitely spoil my kids.  They were so excited that they got to pick out something special from the zoo!

Later that night we went over to Aunt Jessica and Uncle Bryen's house to watch them light fireworks.

When we got back to Grandma and Grandpa's I thought I was charging my camera.  It was plugged in and the light was blinking as though it was charging but when I went to use it the next day, when Grandpa took us for a walk around the falls, I was able to get one picture before it went dead!?!  I'm not sure what happened but so far my camera seems to be working just fine now.

Going for a walk with Grandpa.

We didn't walk very far before Easton started complaining that he was too tired and wanted to go back home.  He obviously wasn't feeling very well because normally he enjoys hiking and going for walks.  The kids did get to feed some of the geese before I walked back to the car and drove back to meet Grandpa and the kids.

Since my camera was dead I wasn't able to take anymore pictures while we were on vacation.  

On Saturday everyone left to go to Uncle Gary's memorial service.  The kids and I didn't end up going.  I was sick that day but we weren't planning on going anyways.  It would have been a three hour drive each way and I just kept remembering how horrible my kids were at Sue's funeral.  I only had two kids then and Nathan was there so I just didn't think it would have been the best thing.

We ended up going to church on Sunday even though it was a nightmare trying to convince Easton to go and to get him ready.  He claims he doesn't like church and he thinks it is boring.  During Sunday school I took Dyer out so that I could get him to sleep.  When I came back Blair was on Grandpa's lap.  She said her tummy hurt so after Sunday school I took her and Dyer back to Grandpa and Grandma's house.  The second we walked through the door Blair said with a huge smile on her face, "My tummy doesn't hurt anymore but I don't want to go back to church!"  She is such a cleaver little one.  I'm actually surprised Easton didn't think of that one himself.   

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for letting us stay with you.  Besides being sick and getting others sick we had a great time!  It was great to see almost everyone!  We sure miss and love everyone.

No comments: