Friday, August 22, 2008

We're Back!

Okay so we have been back in Maryland for a little over a week now but things have been just a little crazy trying to unpack and adjust that I haven’t had much time to think let alone sit down and write. Easton and I had a great time visiting family but we are glad to be back home with Dad (Nathan) after 6 ½ weeks. Nathan picked us up from the airport with flowers in hand for me (isn’t he so sweet?). I love this guy! Also this last week we celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. I can’t believe that we have been married for this long. It went by so fast. (I couldn't find the CD with our wedding pics on it so I had to take a pic of a pic-thats why it doesn't look so good.) Nathan woke me up before he had to leave at 6 and gave me a huge bag of Hershey kisses and the 4th book in the Twilight series (okay so maybe that is where all my extra time went to : ) You can’t blame me. These books are just addicting). On Saturday we also celebrated our anniversary by going to the national aquarium (it was really neat-loved the dolphin show) and went to my absolutely favorite restaurant in the whole world Cheesecake Factory. I don’t know why but I just love this place (Thai chicken pasta and cheesecake…doesn’t get any better than that). Thanks Nathan, I had a wonderful day! We forgot our camera of course but we had our camera phones. We took most of them on Nathan's phone and because he is not home right now, I will have to post those pics later (that is if any turned out okay).


Easton and I have been trying to keep ourselves busy while Nathan is at the hospital doing his Psych rotation. We don’t have a car so we sometimes have to be creative. So far we have gone to the park, played in the pool, built a fort, played with sidewalk chalk, gone on walks, went to the mall to shop and play on the toys (I got some really great deals on summer clothes for Easton next year. 2 shirts and 2 shorts for under $13), danced, and read tons of books! He never gets tired of books.


First time at our apartment pool.



New favorites for Easton: Everything flat and rectangular has become a phone for Easton. Let me tell you Easton really knows how to talk and he is not shy to tell you want is on his mind (I have no clue what he is saying but I can tell he means business).




He loves to try and play peak a boo. He moves he head back and forth as if he is hiding and then showing himself while saying ba, ba, ba,… (translation boo, boo, boo,…) (Someone really needs to inform this kid that he really isn’t hiding and that I can see him the entire time. Oh well, it is still cute).

Today while I was on the computer checking my email I heard a crinkling noise. I was a little curious what Easton had gotten into because everything should have been out of reach and before the crinkling noise it was a little too quiet, and as all moms know quiet, especially at this age, generally means trouble. I got up quickly and found that Easton had climbed up on my suit cases (which haven’t been put away in the storage closet yet…I was hoping that Nathan would take care of it for me…think it will happen?) Anyways, back to my story. Easton had climbed on top of my suit cases, which was just enough of a boost to reach his arm over the dinning room table and get the fishy crackers that I had left out from an earlier snack. I guess when he is determined enough to get something he will definitely find away to get it.


A few last pictures from our trip to Washington State. Gma and Grandpa and Grandma Whiting, thanks for letting Easton and I stay with you all for a long time. We had a lot of fun. We miss you guys already.



Two cool dudes! (like grandpa, like grandson)




Riding the toad.


Easton was sitting on the floor reading his monkey book when I left the room briefly. When I returned this is what I found. Apparently Easton figured it would be a lot more comfortable if he grabed a pillow from off grandma's couch to put his head on. What a smart kid!



Easton and Gma. I swear he loves his Gma. It just took me a very long time to take the picture and Easton didn't want to hold still any longer (changing batteries will do it to you every time).

1 comment:

Myk said...

I love the pic of Ken and Easton. I bet it feels good to be back with Nathan and in your own place again. It was good to hang out with you a few times this summer