Thursday, August 28, 2008

Water, Water, Water…

Easton can’t seem to get enough of water these days. I bet if he knew that summer was coming to an end and swimming along with that, he would be extremely sad. For some reason though he can always find where the water is and of course he is splashing away in it. A couple of days ago, I went into the bathroom to wash Easton up after dinner and he somehow figured out how the plug works in the sink. As the water began to raise so did the urge to jump right in and play. One second I’m washing his face with his little toes dangling in the water and the next second he is completely sitting in the sink (clothes and all- I’ve never seen a diaper so full in my life). And then of course he finds the hand soap and thinks it would be fun to wipe his soapy hands all over the perfectly clean mirror.

Today I was filling up a bucket full of water to clean the fish tank (which happens to be a couple of weeks overdue-sorry fish) and of course Easton can’t help but stick his hands in and splash around. I didn’t think the fish would appreciate Easton’s hands going in and out of their water, but knowing that Easton would get upset if I took all his fun away, I decided to get him his own bowl full of water and some left over rubber duckies from his birthday party to play with. He was having a lot of fun until….(it was destined to happen) he dumped all the water out onto the floor. This time though he was having an even better time. Not only was he able to splash in the water with his hands but now he could splash with his feet. He was in heaven. I, on the other hand, was frantically trying to pick up the water and praying it wouldn’t somehow find its way to the down stairs neighbors (I still haven’t heard anything so hopefully we are okay). He was of course upset with me for taking away his fun but he was also upset that he couldn’t stand up without slipping on the wet surface and falling back on his bottom. A little sad, yet a little funny. I guess to keep us both happy, in the future, we will definitely need to make this an outside activity.


Did I mention that he now knows how to lift up the toilet seat and I’m sure you guessed it. He splashes around in the toilet. The doors will forever stay closed until I somehow remember to pick up some toilet seat locks. The joys of having a 1 year old.

No comments: