Wednesday, March 24, 2010

House Hunting

We just got home early this morning from our week long house hunting trip. First off can I just say how stressful this whole process can be? Yes, it was fun to go around and look at what might be our future home, but this whole process is so stressful. I flew out Tuesday with Blair leaving Easton behind with my brother, sister in law, and nephew (thanks guys! It was really a big help). My mother in law, Sue, picked us up from the airport and came along with us as we checked out about 30 homes in 3 days. Blair was such a trooper. Nathan flew into Cali on Friday and on Saturday I showed him about 10 houses. Right now we have narrowed it down to three houses and have put our offers in. We should find out by Friday what the banks say. Here's a glimpse of what the three houses look like:

Oak brook:
Right now we are 1 of 2 offers. We have a 50% chance for this one.
- smallest of the three houses but probably the most move in ready.

Carswell:

- largest yard and only a couple of miles from the hospital.


Ellis Godfrey:

- largest house with loft/bonus room upstairs.

It sounds as though the other two houses have multiple offers as well. Hopefully by the end of this week we will get some good news and have ourselves a house. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

SMT Family said...

That does sound stressful! It is so hard and it makes me so nervous to think of trying to find the "right" place to live. I really like the look of all three of those houses. I am sure you will make them all wonderful. I mean really, how could a Kelsey house not be a place that everyone loves?!

Can I add that though it would be mega stressful, I am a teeny-tiny bit jealous...almost a lot jealous! Love you!

Hot Gma said...

I love all the houses Ashley. I don't know how you can choose. Good luck with the bids. I know you will be blessed because you both are so awesome. God will come through for you!

Myk said...

They all look like great choices- well pray things work out!

Sled Family said...

PUKE!!!! Only b/c I'm envious!!!