Sunday, March 28, 2010

Is it weird that I like to coordinate my kids' clothes for church? I don't do it all the time but I would say more times than not I do. I really can't help it. I think it is really cute and in a way it kind of bugs me the times when they don't match.


I honestly didn't think anyone noticed until one of my friends mentioned it yesterday. So now I'm wondering if it is weird. Even if it is weird I'm not sure I could get myself to stop doing it.


I guess it's a good thing that I know how to make ties and now bow ties for Easton because otherwise it would be too expensive to buy (not to mention very time consuming to find) ties/bow ties to match Blair's dresses. Maybe learning how to make ties/bow ties is what got me in this mess in the first place. Oh well. I really enjoy making them and I guess that is all that matters. Bow ties are so much easier and faster to make than ties so I think I might stick with those for a while until I get bored and switch back to ties.

Easton is still on his "take my picture" kick. He wants us to take pictures all the time of the most random stuff. I just wish that he would show his face while we take the pictures.

Nathan took this one.
I can't exactly remember what Nathan told me this picture was about but I think Easton wanted him to take a picture of his dinosaur tail.


Easton's "pack back" as he refers to it as.
I love it when he says things his own way (especially his shloclate-translation chocolate).
I think he watched Dora one too many times over Christmas break because he now goes around all the time saying, "Say pack back" or "say map".


I was sneaky enough to catch this one picture of him before he could cover his face.
Easton and his beloved Buck. He loves this guy from Ice Age.
He goes around saying, "My name is Buck!"



Easton loves his tools these days. He gets them out all the time to "fix" things. He'll even hand them to us to get us to fix things that are "broken". He is starting to catch on to I believe it is Bob the builder who says, "Can we fix it? Yes we can!" Nathan has recently been saying it to Easton and now Easton is starting to say it.

Recently I have been getting really frustrated while driving (i.e trying to find a parking spot at Nathan's school, finding my way to and from various airports with construction all over the place-have I mentioned that I have gone to all three of the major airports here in DC in the past week?-thank goodness for a GPS!) Like I said I have been getting really frustrated. Anyways, Easton obviously can tell when I'm upset because his newest thing he says to me when I get mad while driving is, "Mommy, be happy!" It always catches me off guard but I'm always thankful for the reminder. It definitely makes me laugh not to mention smile, which makes me happy.



While we were out in Cali house shopping (no we haven't found out anything new...) we of course had to eat out a lot. One of the nights while eating dinner Blair was getting a little antsy so I kept giving her different things to keep her busy. Eventually I gave her a lemon to chew on. Even though her face says something different, she must have liked the lemon because she kept sticking it in her mouth over and over again. I really wish I would have gotten her initial reaction because it was classic. The video I did manage to get (third or fourth try) definitely wasn't as good as the first time she tried the lemon but is still pretty funny.


Video of Blair chewing on a lemon.



I'm pretty sure I mentioned before how Blair likes to play with the fireplace and how Easton likes to tell her no. Well, this is now how Easton keeps Blair from touching the fire place.
.


Video of Blair attempting to get to the fireplace.

2 comments:

smtanners said...

I don't think it is weird that you match the kids for church. But I match all three of us each week for church and usually when we go out together...so I might not be the one to ask. I've been known to be a little over the top :)

How do you make a bow tie or tie? Do you have a pattern that would work to make one for an adult?

I love the pack back. And the lemon!

Hot Gma said...

Loved the lemon face. I laughed my head off. I don't think it's weird that you match their outfits. I think it's cute. How many moms take the time to do that? That makes you super special. I sure never did that. I never thought of it, actually. Even if I did, I'm probably too cheap to try.