Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Easton!

Easton is officially ONE now! This year has gone by so fast I can’t even believe it. To celebrate we got a bunch of friends (since we have no family out here) together and had a little party. I think it turned out pretty well and I think everyone had a fun time. We were supposed to have the party at a local park, but just my luck it ended up raining so we had to move it indoors. My friend, Diana, was such a sweetheart. She offered to have Easton’s party at her house. I am so grateful for her because I really don’t think we could have had that many people in our little apartment and all leave on good terms by the end of it. I made two cakes; one for Easton to smash (which he did a horrible job at) and one for everyone else.



This is about as much smashing as Easton did with his cake. It doesn’t get anymore exciting than this. All he did was just poke at it and then lick his finger. I guess he is just too neat of an eater and doesn’t like to get messy (this is probably mom’s fault).


Here’s the bathtub cake I made for everyone else. Right before the party started, Nathan accidentally spilled bubbles on part of the cake. I was so mad at him. I had spent so much time on the cake and now it was ruined! Okay, so it wasn’t completely ruined but I was still mad. I tried to clean up as much of it as I could, but unfortunately, is wasn’t coming off. It ended up working out okay though. We just cut around the parts that had the bubbles on it and threw it away while we were serving it. No one even knew (well now the secrets out). Sorry guys!


Picture of the Kelsey family with the cakes.


Here is the fabulous bubble machine that ruined Easton’s cake. It was a huge hit with the kids. They absolutely loved it. Can you believe it spits out 4,000 bubbles in one minute? Now that is a lot of bubbles.


Everyone was so generous with gifts and Easton loves all of his new toys. Thanks everyone for the wonderful gifts and for making this day so special for Easton.

Easton almost didn’t make it past 1 year and 1 day old. For some reason he just kept hurting himself all day long. Right before we left to go to Diana’s house, Easton misjudged trying to grab the bathroom door and ended up hitting his head on the bathroom scale which instantly left an indent that eventually led to a bruise (poor little guy). And if that wasn’t enough, while we were at Diana’s, Easton apparently thought because he was now one that he could take on a new challenge: the stairs. Nathan and I were so busy setting up for the party that we didn’t realize Easton was trying to follow Diana up the stairs and yep you guessed it. He crawled up about five steps and then came tumbling down onto a hardwood floor (ouch!). After the party ended and we were cleaning up, Easton somehow managed to close his own finger in the closet door. I guess Easton has more than three lives, which is a good thing because I don’t know what I would do without this little boy in my life. He is my little bundle of joy and I love him so much.

I know this is a really long post but I have just one last thing to add. I thought it would be fun to post pictures of Easton over the last 12 months. I hope you enjoy watching him grow up as much as I know I did.

1 day old 1 month old


2 months old 3 months old


4 months old 5 months old


6 months old 7 months old

8 months old 9 months old



10 months old 11 months old


And that’s my baby boy growing up in a nutshell.

4 comments:

SMT Family said...

It looks like the party turned out wonderfully! You did a great job with the cakes--I am very impressed. You are so talented.

Watching Easton grow up in a nutshell makes me wish we lived in DC so I could see it happening everyday. He is quite the handsome little man. Give him some birthday kisses from me.

Aleese and Scott said...

I love all of the pictures and the party was so great! Poor little Easton had a rough day. Thanks for inviting us we really enjoyed sharing Eastons first birthday with you guys!

Myk said...

wow, those cakes are amazing! What a fun party.

Diana said...

Ashley, the party was so fun and I was very impressed with all the hard work you put into it. We love Easton and loved having his party at our house. I am sorry however that it was such a dangerous place for him. I'm going to have to really baby proof again before Lucy gets mobile. I love the pictures of him growing up, he is such a cutie.