Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Utah and Bear Lake

UTAH

We went to this really cool park last week. It was a western theme playground. It had cover wagons, trains, and boats you could pretend to drive, and the playground had a jail and different stores with slides, tunnels, and bridges built into it. There were also swings, monkey bars, rock climbing, and sandpits. Easton had fun going down the slides with me and playing on the swings. I bet he would have had a lot more fun if he was older. It was definitely made for older kids, but I think he still had fun.





Easton driving the covered wagon.




Easton is absolutely loving the stairs at his Grandma and Grandpa Kelsey's house. Since we have been here he has mastered going up the stairs and is currently learning how to come down.

To celebrate mine and Sue's birthday we went to Gardner's village and ate at Archibald's (we both got a free meal but we had to bring our husbands to get the deal). It's a really cute restaurant with a bunch of little shops. They even have a little petting zoo for the kids. It was already closed by the time we got there, but Easton still enjoyed just looking at all the animals.

Nathan, Easton, and I went up to Provo to see Nate's best friend Art and to get some BYU gear for Nathan for Father's Day. Unfortunately, Sierra (Art's wife) and Eli (son) left earlier that morning so we weren't able to see them, but we finally got to meet their youngest son, Wesley. Wesley is about two months older than Easton. I think Easton had fun hanging out with someone his own age for a change (I can't say the same for Wesley since Easton was following him all around and stealing all his toys). Before we left BYU I had to get my usual Chicken bowl and cookies and cream milk. Being the great mother that I am I thought I would share my milk with Easton (this is not an easy thing for me to do because I like this milk so much and you can only get it at the creamery). Anyways, I filled Easton's cup with just a little bit of milk since he generally doesn't drink very much. This was a big mistake. I don't think I have seen Easton drink something so fast. He was trying with all his might to get every ounce of that milk out of his sippy cup and when he couldn't get anything out, he started getting very, very upset. He got even more upset with me when I took the cup from him to fill it up again. Of course he calmed down once he had the cup of milk in hand.



I told Nathan that we might be in trouble and was thinking that we might not have a perfect little boy anymore if we don't have this milk on hand at all times. I was seriously worried that we would have a cranky baby forever since we just introduced the greatest milk ever and would have no way of getting this milk unless we moved to Provo. Luckily, we had just enough milk for one more fill up (which he didn't finish completely) that left him full and happy. I might add that I didn't even get half of the milk. What moms won't do for their kids. On our car ride home we stopped in to see Grandma and Grandpa Davis (Missionary couple from Nathan's Mission). It was really nice to see them again.



BEAR LAKE


Thursday through Saturday we went camping at Bear Lake. It was tons of fun (probably because it wasn't the roughing it type of camping which is definitely my type of camping). It was Sue's birthday on the 20th so they rented a camp site (the super site). We had our own fenced in yard equipped with a hot tub, fire pit, and two BBQ's. We went ATVing, swimming, and spent about an hour down at the lake. The water was freezing, but Nathan was the only daring one to go in above his knees. While Easton took a nap, (well that was the plan anyways, but he actually didn't take a nap) Nathan and I went ATVing together. It was really nice to get away just the two of us because it doesn't happen all that often anymore these days. We went up in the mountains which was green and the view of the lake was gorgeous. I wish I would have remembered to bring my camera but of course I forgot it.


Fenced in yard




Dad and Easton


















Easton absolutely loved Sue's cake (well the frosting anyways). He tried licking every inch of it off his plate. He is such a funny little guy.


No worries, Easton didn't actually drive.



Dad and Easton playing in the Sand.

2 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

Looks like you are having so much fun! I love the picture of Easton on the ATV. How nice that you and Nathan were able to get away for a little bit. Looks like things are going great!

Mollie said...

Glad to I found your blog! Your family is so cute, looks like you guys are doing really well!