Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day and Zoo Trip

Memorial Day
Easton and I went swimming with a couple of friends while Nathan stayed home and studied. How boring! I thought holidays were for relaxing and enjoying time with family and friends. Easton and I had tons of fun and maybe next time we go swimming, if we are lucky, dad will join us. This was Easton’s first time swimming and man the water was freezing. I was a little worried that this first time experience would turn out to be a traumatic one, but to my surprise he absolutely loved it!In fact, he probably would have stayed in the water all day splashing if I would have let him (I guess it wasn’t that surprising considering Easton loves bath time and splashing not only me but every inch of our bathroom as well). Easton still had a good time despite the fact that he kept rubbing sunscreen in his eyes. I felt so bad. His eyes were all red and puffy. Next time we will definitely need to get some tear free sunscreen (Sometimes I wonder how it is that the first child ever survives. It is truly amazing with all the mistakes their parents make). After swimming we went and picked dad up and went to a BBQ with a bunch of close friends. I guess Nathan was able to enjoy his holiday, even if it was just for a little bit.



Zoo
On Wednesday, Easton and I went to the zoo with a bunch of friends. I love getting out of the house and doing things with friends. Easton really seemed to like the zoo a lot more this time, especially the elephant. I just love watching Easton discover new things. The look on his face and the excitement he gets is priceless. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but luckily my friend, Heather, remembered hers. I will need to get those pictures from her and hopefully post some of those pictures soon.

Happy Feet
Easton is a funny little guy. Just recently he started doing a little dance (what I like to call his happy feet dance). The way he moves his feet obviously reminds me of the little penguin off of that movie. It is pretty funny to watch. I have tried several times to tape it but as soon as the camera comes out the feet stop tapping. I really hope I can get it on tape because it is absolutely adorable. I love it!

No comments: