Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ups and downs from the last week

Last Wednesday we went out to eat as a family and when I woke up the next morning I was extremely sick. At first I just thought that it was morning sickness but after throwing up about eight times and not being able to keep anything down I realized it must have been something else. Nathan ate my left overs for lunch that day and then came home the next morning sick as well so I’m pretty sure we both got food poisoning. Definitely not fun. I felt so bad for Easton because I was so weak and sick that all I could do was feed him and change him and sit him in front of the TV all day to keep him occupied (he was probably in heaven that I allowed him to watch so much TV). He was so sweet though because he kept coming up to me and giving me kisses. He also tried to get me up to play with him but that just wasn’t going to happen.

Nathan found out that he was going to get a four day weekend so we decided to take a little trip to New York to see Shannah and Skyler. We had a great time visiting, playing wii, singing karaoke, and eating lots of great food (fondue-yummy). Easton also got to experience his first time playing in the snow. Nathan took him out sledding. I’m not sure he enjoyed the cold white stuff especially when he face planted right in it but the next day all he wanted to do was go outside so it must not have been that terrible. One of the nights we were there Easton kept waking up in pain because he was gassy and constipated. Nathan finally decided to make a trip to town to pick up some things to help Easton. Shannah and Skyler live on a really steep hill so when Nathan tried to get down the hill (it had snowed a couple of inches) his breaks locked up and the car just kept sliding down the hill. He was coming up on a curve and realized he wasn’t going to make it so he ditched the car in a neighbors driveway. Luckily Nathan wasn’t hurt but there was some damage done to the car (nothing too terrible). Nathan dug himself out and attempted to drive back up the hill with no success. He just kept sliding down the hill. Eventually he called me and I had to wake Shannah and Skyler up to help rescue him. Everything is fine now. We made it back home safe and the car is in the shop getting fixed. Thanks Shannah and Skyler for letting us come and visit. We had a wonderful time. I just wish we lived closer to each other so we could see each other more often.

Dad and Easton Sledding.



Shannah and Easton


Dad and Easton playing Wii Fit. Easton had to have his own thing to stand on and he even attempted to do Yoga.


Like Father like son.


Earlier this morning while Nathan was at work someone (I’m pretty sure I know who it was) tried to break into our apartment! I think they thought we were still out of town and thought it would be easy to break into our place. They first started to turn the handle to the door but realized it was locked so then they attempted to break the lock by hitting the door with their shoulder. Of course that didn’t work so they began to jam something between the door and the lock. I looked out the peep hole and saw this all happening and said, “excuse me, what do you think you are doing?” This must have startled them because they slide away from the door towards the balcony and then eventually went into my neighbors place. I should have called the cops (I know I’m stupid) but instead called Nathan to see what I should do. He didn’t answer so I called my mom in a panic. She told me to call the police or at least file a report. The same person who I believe was trying to break into our place came over several times knocking or should I say banging on our door as if he was trying to play it off. I refused to answer the door or even say anything to him. Eventually Nathan came home and we did file a report. The cops came over and I told them the whole story. They went and talked to this individual who claimed he was just trying to return a piece of tupperware to us (hello the tupperware didn’t even belong to us and looking back I don’t remember him having anything in his hand each time he came banging on my door). Also, why would someone be so adamant in returning a piece of Tupperware to someone (he came by 4-5 times within two hours after the incident) that “wasn’t home” unless you knew they were home because they said something to you earlier when you tired to break in? I doubt this individual will attempt something like this again (thank goodness) but still I’m a little worried to be home alone with Easton and will forever feel awkward around this person. Hopefully we won’t have too many if any run-ins in the future.

3 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

Ashley first I am glad you had a fun weekend but wow you sure had a lot of horrible things happen!! I am so sorry and that is pretty scary about the guy trying to break in! Food poisoning why you are pregnant is not fun! We missed you last night we need to get together again!

Myk said...

That's scary!!

Sled Family said...

What a great snow suit Easton has!!! and next time perhaps you should just yell something like- I have a gun and I know how to use it.