Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blair at 6 months

Blair is 1/2 a year old today. Wow is about all I can say. I know I say this every month but it is going by way too fast. I feel like I just posted her 5 month post. She has her doctor's appointment on Thursday so I will add her stats later. She is 26 in long (50th) and 15 lbs 13 oz (25-50th).

I was about to give up on her and solid foods (okay not really but I was so frustrated). It had been almost 2 months since we started solid foods and she would hardly eat anything and the stuff she did eat I basically forced down her. Then out of no where (the last two days) she has been eating like a champ. I swear she downed her food in less than 5 mins last night (granted it wasn't that much but what normally takes her 20-30 min took her 5 min). I can't tell you how excited I am about this. She has her own special way of eating which makes me laugh but as long as she eats it I really don't care. She opens her mouth wide and sticks her tongue out as far as she can. Once the food is in she pulls that tongue back in, closes her mouth, and actually swallows instead of spiting it out. Last night Easton wanted some strawberries so I thought I would give one to Blair and see how she liked it. I put it in one of those net bags and let her gum it and suck on it. She loved it!

Blair has started to bite her bottom lip and is drooling. I'm guessing she might be getting some teeth (I really hope not but I think she might be working on her bottom teeth). I think I see and feel some but she makes it really hard to see with that tongue of hers. She is also making the razzing sound or spitting sound. Easton thinks it is funny and has started to do the spit and drool stuff himself. It makes me so mad when he does it (lets be honest it isn't as cute when a two year old does it) but he doesn't understand why Blair can do it and he can't.


Blair is also starting to talk/make sounds. She likes to make the ba ba ba sound. I'm working on ma ma but she just smiles and thinks I'm funny. I swear she said da da before but I haven't gotten her to say it since.

Video of Blair talking.




Blair also loves to touch and grab on to everything. If you sit/stand next to her she will grab on to your pants and just caress/feel the material. Nothing is safe within her reach. If she is close enough to the couch she will grab the sheet protector (in case Easton has an accident) and pull it off to suck on it. Definitely not safe since it is made of plastic. She loves to hold toys and of course stick them in her mouth.


She still hates tummy time but every once in a while she will roll from her back to her tummy and then after about 5 min cry because shes on her tummy. We are still working on her sitting up. She is doing better but still falls over after a while. She also loves her jumper. She likes to move around in circles and play with all the different toys.

Blair still spits up and smells like puke all the time. I give her a bath and I swear within 10 min she smells like puke again. I'm told that she will out grow this by the time she is 9 months old. I'm wondering if she will ever out grow her blowouts too. It would be nice if that stopped by the time she was 9 months as well.


Blair is actually growing some hair! I know it is hard to tell but she definitely is.





Blair's sleeping pretty well once she finally falls asleep. About half the time we let her put herself to sleep. We generally have to go in and put her binky back in (or we think we have to but it back in) several times but eventually she falls asleep. She's funny and talented because I've never known a baby to cry and still have a binky in their mouth. Usually they are crying because their binky fell out and they want it back in their mouth. I think Blair just doesn't like to be left alone. Lately with it being so cold Blair has been waking up freezing. We put blankets on her but she ends up kicking them off. We decided for her sake that we will just keep the heater at 70 so she doesn't freeze. Since our down stairs neighbor just moved out the heater seems to never turn off. We are definitely going to have a high bill this next time around. What we don't do for our little princess.

Blair is very picky when it comes to her binkys. We lost her last favorite one the other day but had two other types as back ups. We tried both kinds and neither were good enough. We had a screaming baby for the next hour until Nathan finally got home and I sent him to church to hopefully find it (that was the last place I remember seeing it). Nathan went out to his car and came back in with the binky in hand. I guess she threw it out of her carseat as we passed the bushes outside our apartment. I just recently went out and bought some more of her favorite binkys along with a binky holder. Hopefully we won't have to have a screaming baby again.

1 comment:

Hot Gma said...

She looks so much like Easton I can't believe it. The first picture of her in the pink hat, I thought it was Easton. I'm sad I'm not there to see all the changes. Thanks for the next best thing.