Monday, December 28, 2009

Visit in Utah

We rolled into Utah at 2:30 in the morning on Saturday (19th). It was a really long trip but luckily it wasn't as bad as I was imagining. I think it helped that we spent a whole day in Kansas so it didn't seem as bad. It was still long and I am definitely not looking forward to making the trip back. We will most likely have to make the same trip (a little longer of course) when we move to California in May. Thank goodness we are moving closer to family because I'm sure after the trip to California I will not want to travel that far again for a really long time. On our road trip I figured out that Easton has been to 22 states already in his short life (this does not include the states that he has had a lay over in just states he has driven through)! Blair has been to 16 states.

Easton coloring in the playroom.

Easton putting a bow on Kodi. Easton thought it was the funniest thing ever.


We went to visit Grandpa Layne at work and he took all of us for a train ride. The kids had a lot of fun.



Nathan, Gramma Sue, Blair, Easton, Braeden, and Ella



Braeden pulling the horn and helping drive the train.




Gramma Sue and Grandpa Layne (not the best pic but the only one I got of Grandpa).


Dad and Easton



Blair and Mom


Gramma and Ella

After the train ride we went to eat and then shop. Easton and Ella kept themselves busy reading a story to each other which was really nice because it was easier to keep track of them that way. It was a little crazy to have four little ones under the age of five. They are all pretty good kids but I'm glad that having kids is a gradual thing and that it doesn't happen all at once (well for some I guess it does happen all at once-crazy!)


Easton and Ella


Layne and Sue took all the grandkids and me around to see some really cool Christmas lights. Two of the houses we went to had their lights put to music. The other lights we saw where on what people call "Christmas lane" all the houses on that street had lights and in each lawn they had a page from the story "Twas the night before Christmas". Too bad Nathan missed out but he was too busy supporting the cougars plus there wasn't enough seats in the car for everyone so I guess it turned out okay.








One of the videos I took of the musical lights.


We celebrated Christmas with Nathan's dad and Sue on Christmas Eve. We had all of Nathan's siblings there which was really nice because it has only happened once before. We had a really nice dinner, played a game with a couple of his siblings, and then opened gifts. I really enjoy hanging out with Nathan's family because they make me laugh so much.
Easton opening a gift on Christmas Eve


Aunt Kaity and Easton soaking in the hot tub.
I really wish that I would have taken more pictures the week I was in Utah. I definitely need to do better. I missed taking pictures of Easton opening gifts with his cousins the day before Christmas eve, making sugar cookies with his cousins, and just getting pics of Blair and Easton with grandpa and Gramma Kelsey. Also, I forgot to get pictures of visiting my friend Paige and her family and also visiting Grandma and Grandpa Davis (Senior missionaries from Nathan's mission). Good thing we will be going back sometime in January to visit so I can get more pictures.

No comments: