Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nut Tree

I finally got around to taking the kids down to Nut Tree to play and to take some pictures for Gramma Sue! Sorry it took so long... I didn't realize that the train and carousel closed at 6:00 so we didn't get to ride those since we got there about 10 minutes before 6. Easton was a little bummed about that but I guess it was okay since I didn't have to pay $2/person/ride. $2 isn't a lot but when I know Easton would want to ride more than once and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to ride by himself, it can add up fast with 3 people. We still had fun with the rocking horses, merry-go-round, teeter totter, and animal cut out board.


While we were playing at the animal cut out board there were some really mean girls that were blocking one of the doors. Easton asked them really nice if they would move so that he could go through the door. One of the girls said, "No!, it's my door and I'm not moving!" I figured if I stepped in with some adult authority that she would for sure let Easton through the door. Boy was I wrong. She looked at me with attitude and told me No! I was pretty shocked especially since #1 I asked her nicely and #2 I was an adult. I told Easton that they weren't being very nice and that he should try the other door. Easton went through the other door but then went back to the door the mean girls were (just on the other side) and pushed it open. I guess the really mean girl was standing away from the door so when Easton pushed it open it hit her pretty hard in the face. She started screaming and her dad came and got her. I had Easton say sorry because it was the right thing to do but does it make me a bad person that I didn't feel all that much sympathy for that girl? I mean she wasn't being nice to my baby boy!




Earlier this week Nathan had a few days off so we decided to go to San Francisco to the Exploritorium. I forgot my camera but I did take a few pictures on Nathan's phone. Nathan's back to working long hours so I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to get those pictures and post them. We all had fun though!

Also this week we bought a new recliner for our living room. Easton and Blair were standing up leaning over the back of the chair. I was about to tell them to sit down (because we don't stand on furniture) but I was too late! They leaned too far over and they both did a front flip before hitting the floor (Easton managed to hit part of the wall). I felt bad that they hurt themselves (I think they were more scared than anything) but at the same time it was kind of funny how synchronized they were. I'm just glad they didn't find it very fun and want to try it again and again.

2 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

Poor Easton it is so sad when kids are mean, and what a good boy to be so nice! Looks like you guys had so much fun and I can't get over how much older Blair looks!! She is such a cute little thing!

We miss you guys!

Hot Gma said...

Ee is looking soooooooo big. Thanks for updating. I've been waiting anxiously. Guess they won't stand on furniture again. Do we get a picture of the new chair?