Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

On Wednesday Easton's preschool class had a field trip to the pumpkin patch. All the parents were invited so Blair and I got to join. We had so much fun! We almost didn't stay because Easton threw up in the car about 2 minutes before we got there. I decided we would just go and tell his teacher that we weren't going to stay because he was sick. I figured Easton just got car sick but because he probably had the chicken pox and I didn't know for sure if it was car sickness I didn't want to take any chances and get others sick too. Easton started bawling when I told him we weren't staying. I probably would have cried too if I saw all my friends, animals, and lots of fun things to do. I felt bad and his teacher felt bad and told me to just stay especially since I thought it was just car sickness. Besides Easton's shirt being wet from his throw up and smelling bad (I didn't have an extra shirt to change him into) he was his normal self and was as happy as could be (except one part but we'll explain that later).

The top picture was of Easton and Blair climbing and playing on a bunch of hay stacks. Blair was pretty proud of herself that she climbed to the top all by herself.


Riding on the tractor to get to the pumpkin patch. Easton was a little cold since his shirt was all wet.


Blair finding the perfect pumpkin! I didn't have a chance to get a picture of Easton with his pumpkin because he found it, gave it to his teacher and ran off to the hay stack fort way too fast!


Easton on top of the hay stack fort. It had a bunch of tunnels and a ladder to climb up to the top.


Easton brushing the horse.


Easton petting the sheep.
If you look closely you will see that Easton's face seems a little unsure about this. I actually made him pet them because I didn't want him to be afraid of them.

Story: Easton had just walked in to see the sheep. Right when he got in there a sheep suddenly became out of control running all over the place. I'm guessing one of the kids startled it. The sheep managed to dodge all the kids with it's first pass but when the sheep turned around and ran back to where it came from it ran right into Easton and Easton went flying. After a couple minutes of crying Easton calmed down and was able to enjoy the rest of his day.

Blair loved the baby goats. She would smile and laugh with glee anytime she got close enough to pet one.

They had a bunch of baby animals they could hold if they were sitting down.

Easton with a kitten.

Blair with the same kitten. She absolutely loved the kitten. She would hold it and squeeze it (probably a little too rough). Blair definitely wasn't the gentlest but she just loved it to pieces. It almost reminded me of Elmyra off of Tiny toons adventure. "I'm gonna hug you and kiss you and love you forever."


Easton holding a baby duck.


Easton holding a baby bunny.

Easton and Blair had a great time and didn't want to leave!

1 comment:

SMT Family said...

Oh I love those kids! Glad you all enjoyed the pumpkin patch. Sounds like so much fun to join in on a field trip! Love you!