Monday, May 11, 2009

36 weeks, up coming artist, and golfing

I have less than four weeks to go (until my due date). I have officially gotten to the uncomfortable stage and unfortunately have also gotten back to the nauseous stage as well. As long as I remember to take my medicine I seem to be fine though. We are getting really excited to add our new addition. I think for the most part we are ready. I finally got the car seat that I have been waiting for for about 2 months. It was on back order and they kept changing the in stock date on me. I was a little worried that we might not get it on time but luckily it came in sooner than they thought. The only thing that I can think of that needs to get done before Blair comes is to pack stuff for the hospital and figure out for sure what we are going to do with Easton while I am in the hospital. It is a little hard to plan since I have no idea what Nathan’s schedule is going to be (if he will get time off and/or how much time he will get off). If Nathan can get three or so days off then we would only need someone to watch Easton the day I deliver and then Nathan can watch him the rest of the time. But if Nathan can only get the delivery day off then I will need to find someone (or several people) whose willing to watch Easton while I’m in the hospital. If only family were closer then things would seem a lot less stressful. Any family want to come out and help? My mom comes out the 14th of June so I guess if Blair wants to be stubborn like her brother and come late then my mom will be out here to help (that situation doesn’t sound too bad to me right now). Okay, enough about me.

The other day Easton decided that our walls needed some color. As much as I agree with him that white walls are boring, I didn’t agree with the choice of color or the approach he took to add color to the walls. Redish-orange wouldn’t have been my first choice. The funny thing is I didn’t even realize he was coloring on the walls until a couple of hours later. He often times plays with his cars on the walls (which I don’t like and generally tell him to stop and play with them on the floor) but because I was a little busy at the time I thought I would just let it slide just this one time. Of course it had to be crayon the one time I decided to just ignore it. Easton was lucky because he didn’t even get in trouble. I figured since it happened a couple of hours earlier, a consequence would mean nothing to him (he would have no idea why he was in trouble). I cleaned it all up and then realized that I forgot to take a picture of Easton’s talented artwork. I guess from now on I won’t regret taking a picture of something that was annoying to clean up because a couple of hours after that I realized that my picture opportunity had come true. Easton apparently found more than two walls to show off his artistic abilities. I still have no idea where he got this crayon nor do I know what he did with it. However, if I remember correctly I think I recall hearing him open the cabinet with the garbage can in it and throwing something away not too long after this incident. Apparently Easton is extremely smart to get rid of the evidence.

Nathan was watching golf the other day on TV (not sure why because I don’t think I have ever seen him watch golf but it was pretty funny to watch Easton). Easton got really excited anytime someone got the ball in the hole because the audience would clap. He of course had to clap along with everyone else. Along with clapping he now enjoys golfing in our living room. He figured out that he could golf with a toy mallet and a tennis ball. Here is a video of him golfing.




3 comments:

Eevi said...

I'm at 34 weeks and I'm in the uncomfortable stage due to my size. Luckily I dont have nausea but I have had a cold for the last 2 weeks so it makes sleeping even worse. I can't wait to see pictures of this little girl!!!

Mollie said...

Wow I'm so behind on blogs. But I absolutely love your kids' names. I think Blair is beautiful. You'll have to pick out the names of my kids. Good luck with the next few weeks, I can't wait to see pictures of the new baby!

Post-it Note said...

I wish I could come out! Sorry though, I will probably be in California which is about as far away as possible. You might have to ask your visiting teacher. :( Tear.