Thursday, May 28, 2009

Doggie Party

Easton’s birthday isn’t for another two days but we decided to have an early birthday party for him (dog theme). With Nathan’s crazy schedule I figured it would be almost impossible to plan a party that he could attend without it being way last minute so I planned one with just kids and moms. It was a small party but I think it turned out well. The kids seemed to have fun and of course the moms had fun getting out of the house and visiting with each other. The kids got doggie ears and collars with their names on it when they first arrived but as I guessed they didn’t stay on for very long. I was lucky enough to get a picture of Easton right before he ripped it all off. We had a nice lunch and most of the food was gone (which was great but I really hope everyone had enough to eat). I had all the kids eat their lunch out of doggie bowls. It was really cute. After lunch the kids played a couple games.




The first one was to help the dog, Spot, find his lost spots. Surprisingly the kids got really into this game. They had fun searching for all the spots and putting them back on the dog.


Lucy, Barrick, and Easton putting the spots back on Spot.




I also had pin the bone in the dog’s mouth but Bella was the only one who seemed somewhat interested in it.




I was also going to have the kids do some kind of dog trick to receive a treat (sugar cookie in the shape of a doggie bone) but then I was a little worried that it might be too much goodies if we were going to have cupcakes and ice cream right after. Bella and Barrick, however, still showed us their cool doggie tricks (barking). I was hoping that Easton would show everyone his roll over trick but I got distracted and forgot to have him do it. After the games we sang Happy Birthday to Easton and then had cupcakes and ice cream. Easton blew out his candles all by himself but it did take him about three tries before he finally blew hard enough. After cake and ice cream the moms visited while the kids played, until it was time to go home and take naps. Each of the kids went home with a nice doggie bag full of goodies. I think Easton had fun playing with all his friends, even though he was forced to share his toys.





Closer look at the cupcakes.





Easton waiting for his friends to arrive.





Cute Bella all dressed up like a Doggie.

Lucy with her doggie ears on. I didn't get a picture of Barrick all dressed up : (.





Spot in the dog house.





Bella and Easton in the dog house. The dog house was a big hit!

4 comments:

BDCAFFEE said...

Ashley the whole party was a hit! You are a wonderful Mommy. Easton is a very lucky little doggie. Thanks for all the fun.

Aleese and Scott said...

We loved the doggie party!! Barrick had so much fun he couldn't settle down long enough for a good nap. We love Easton!! Happy Birthday!!

Myk said...

cute idea

Hot Gma said...

You are so clever. I'll never figure out where my kids get it from. Cute idea. Loved the cupcakes.