Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend

On Friday I had my doctor’s appointment. Nathan was actually at his school that day so he skipped out of one of his lectures to come with me. He kept Easton busy so that was nice, especially since I had to get checked. I really see no point in getting checked since it really doesn’t seem to tell you anything. But for those of you who care to know on Friday I was dilated to a 1, 25% effaced, and -3 (almost -2). My next doctor’s appointment is this Friday so I guess we will see if I have made any improvements. Easton also has his 2 year doctor’s appointment. I can’t believe my little boy is almost 2 (well I’m starting to see it in his behavior but it has gone by way too fast). After my doctor’s appointment Nathan took me and Easton to lunch. Nathan had to leave early to get back and see what his schedule was like for that afternoon. Not too long after Easton and I got home, Nathan came in the door. I guess there weren’t very many appointments for clinic that day so they sent everyone home. That was a nice surprise and a great way to start our long weekend off. Once Easton got up from his nap we decided to go to a local farm and pick Strawberries. They really need to come up with a way to weigh little kids before and after they “help” pick strawberries. Easton apparently really likes strawberries. It doesn’t matter what they look like or what color they are. He will pick them and stick them in their mouth to eat (leaves and all). In the end I’m not sure if we picked more than Easton ate or if Easton ate more than we picked, but I will tell you that I think Easton ate more greenish pink strawberries than red ones. Here is a video of Easton picking and eating strawberries.



Saturday was just a relaxing day. We went shopping to pick up stuff for a BBQ on Monday but once we got home we both realized we really wanted the BBQ stuff then so we made half of it and ate it. It was really good. Here is a random video of Easton and Nathan tackling each other. Easton loves to tackle but for some reason he doesn't like to be tackled (he can dish it but he can't take it). Can we say faker?




Sunday I had to give a talk in church on the 12th article of faith and Memorial Day. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would. Surprisingly I wasn't all that nervous.


On Monday we decided to clean up the house a little bit and then go fishing before the BBQ. It was really hot but we ended up catching three fish (Nate caught two and Easton and I caught one). Apparently Easton is really scared of fish. I would have never guessed since he loves to go up to fish tanks and look at them. I guess he is the same way with dogs (he likes them from a far). I wonder now if he will be like this with all animals. We decided that after I caught a fish that we would head home. Luckily it didn’t take that long because as soon as we let the fish go it started to rain (pouring down rain). Easton was not happy to be getting wet. Nathan and I figured that no one would show up to the BBQ so we ate before we left. We were right no one was there. I guess no one wanted to play ultimate frisbee in the mud. Overall it was a great weekend. I love spending time with my family.


Fish #1. If you look really close you can see how scared Easton really is.


Fish #2.



Fish #3.

1 comment:

Jessica Prestwich said...

What happened to the video of the fish? I loved it!!