Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baby Shower and Easton funnies


Some friends decided to throw me a baby shower this last Friday. I was so excited! I have to admit that I have been a little worried about the amount of clothes I have for Blair because for some reason I remember having a lot more for Easton (I guess that is just what happens with the first child). All my friends did perfect at picking out gifts because basically everything I got was clothes. Thanks everyone! Now I feel extremely prepared for at least the first 3 months of her life. Blair got lots of cute clothes (lots of dresses) which I am super excited about. Instead of playing games at my shower, Diana came up with a great idea of making adorable hair bows for Blair. These are much appreciated since Blair will most likely have no hair for the first year of her life (that is if she is anything like Easton). The hair bows will work perfectly with the interchangeable headbands I made a couple weeks ago. They will clip on nicely and my little girl will hopefully not be mistaken for a boy! I think Nathan thinks that I have way too many bows/flowers but I figure if I don’t have more bows/flowers than outfits then I’m okay (besides it is so much cheaper to make them yourself than to buy them). Thanks for the wonderful shower. One of my friends couldn’t make it to the shower but brought over her gift on Sunday. One of the things inside was a hippo stuffed animal. Easton of course snatched that as soon as he saw it and started cuddling with it. I told him that it was Blair’s and that he could play with it for a while but when she comes he has to give it to her. He looked straight at me and said, “NO! MINE!” and ran away. I think we might have issues with this once Blair comes.

Shellie making a bow for Blair.



Molly (kids: Niomie and Emilia), Katie, and Megan.




Easton, Lauren, Emilia, Erin, and Diana.


Toni and I are in the top picture. Aleese was nice enough to take pictures but unfortunately (for me) maybe fortunate for her I didn't get a picture with her in it. Sorry Aleese I do love you!




I forgot to write about this on last weeks blog and since Nathan thinks it is really funny I guess I need to write it down to record it. Easton was sick a couple weeks ago and had to take Amoxicillin for his ear infections (side note: why do they insist on coloring medicine? I personally don’t think kids are more willing to take the medicine because it looks good and besides it just stains…annoying!). Anyways, the first two days he absolutely hated taking the medicine and basically would refuse to take it. Because I love my son so much and knew that the medicine would make him better I had to find a way to get it down his throat. This one particular day he kept swatting at the syringe and getting the pink stuff all over him, me, and the kitchen rug (good thing the rug is dark and can hide stains). So I decided to sit on him (not really sit on him. I honestly don’t think I put any weight on him) close enough to his body so that I could block his hands from interfering. This is when he started shaking his head back and forth and yelling, “help mease!” “help mease!” over and over again. (translation: help please). At about this time Nathan walks in the room and starts laughing. I guess if I had an enormous pregnant lady sitting on me, I would be screaming for dear life for someone to help me too. I think Easton learned his lesson though because after that he was more than willing to take his medicine. He basically sucked it out of the syringe.

This last week I took Easton shopping to get a gift for Blair for when he comes and visits us in the hospital and also some birthday gifts for Easton. Easton picked out this pink bunny stuffed animal with a little blanket attached to it. It was really cute and funny because he wouldn’t let go of it (hopefully he won’t have a hard time giving it to his sister). Here he was sitting in his stroller cuddling with the pink bunny while I’m holding a tool set and a dump truck. It was a good distraction so that he wouldn’t see what I was picking out for his birthday but it almost felt like all I needed to do was buy another pink bunny and Easton would have been in heaven with that. I’m sure it would have been a proud moment for Nathan to see his son loving a pink bunny and ignoring the big boy toys. Here is also a picture of what I made for Easton when he comes to the hospital to visit. It is his big brother candy cake made of mini hershey bars. If you can't tell it says I'm A Big Brother!




Yesterday, Nathan asked Easton where Blair was and he came right up to me and pointed to my tummy and said “Bair”. It was really cute. I guess her nickname might just be Bear since that is what Easton calls her. Easton will also come up to me when I am sitting on the couch and pull my shirt up and say, “baby sisa” and then he will put his blanket over my tummy. I’m hoping this is a sign that he loves his sister because he doesn’t share his blanket with just anyone.

4 comments:

Hot Gma said...

Good stories. I'm glad you are recording them. (help mease)

Myk said...

I can't believe it's getting so close! I love all the bows!

Post-it Note said...

That is so awesome! I love the bows idea, they are cute and it's so sweet how Easton's learning about the baby. When I tell Thomas there's a baby he runs up and hits my stomach... You are so smart to have him bring a gift and everything.

Sled Family said...

You make me.....gag-you over achiever! Why didn't you make Aaron a big brother cake? That's it! You better not start hosting better b-day parties than me!