Friday, June 18, 2010

Easton's birthday!


Happy 3rd Birthday Easton! Okay, so he has been three for a couple of weeks now but I'm still playing catch up (very slowly I might add). We moved in the day before Easton's birthday so things were pretty low key this year (which I felt horrible about). I really wanted to have a party for him with all his friends before we left Maryland but with everything going on (Nathan's graduation, family in town, moving) I just didn't have the time this year to do it. I was bummed out and complaining to Sue about how bad of a mom I felt (I have my brother to thank for this)and so she was kind enough to grab a cake for the family BBQ to celebrate. Thanks again. It was really nice to be able to celebrate with family. Easton got a really cute picnic table (his size) from Grandpa Layne and Gramma Sue (which was actually made by Grandpa). Easton loves it!

Signed by grandpa under the table.

All the cousins at the table.


Cousin pic (minus Blair/plus Aunt Kaity and Uncle Blake).



We got Easton a bike for his birthday but he is still trying to get the hang of it.




Grandpa Jerry and Grandma Gretch got Easton a rocket ship. I'm not sure if Easton or Blair likes the rocket ship more. They both have fun climbing in and out of it. I've even caught Easton sleeping in there a couple of times.



Easton opening his gift.


Easton and Blair inside the rocket ship.

Grandpa and Grandma Stockton got Easton the movie Toy Story for his birthday. Luckily they gave it to him early so he was able to watch it several times on our trip. I'm not sure if Easton or mom liked this gift more. It was definitely a life saver.




Grandma Whiting got Easton a slip-n-slide but once we moved in I realized that it probably wouldn't work with the little grass we have in the front yard so we are hopefully going to get a kid pool instead. It has definitely been a nightmare trying to find the pool that I want (very long and annoying story) but I finally found it yesterday and of course my car is in the shop and the rental car I have is definitely not large enough for the pool. Hopefully the pool will still be there once I finally get my car back.


Grandpa and Grandma Whiting got Easton a savings bond which will definitely be helpful for college.


Thanks everyone for making Easton's birthday a special one!



We also went out to eat with Grandpa Layne and Gramma Sue to celebrate Easton's birthday and Grandpa and Gramma's anniversary. We went to a Mexican restaurant and of course we had them come out and sing to Easton. He got a free dessert and a sombrero and balloons to take home.

Easton getting sung to.




Taking a lick of his dessert.




Of course using his fingers to eat.

Happy Birthday Easton! We love you and we hope you had a special day.

No comments: