Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Blair!

Blair turned one on the 8th. It would have been fun to go all out like I did for Easton's first birthday but #1 we really didn't know anyone to invite and #2 it would have been a little weird to invite people we didn't know, so instead we had a small family party. I think this was more fitting for Blair's personality though. I'm not sure how well she would have done with a big crowd. I did however have a cute theme picked out but I guess it will just have to wait until next year...
It would have been nice to say that Blair was really happy and excited on her birthday (she did have moments where she was happy though-see picture on the left and her cake picture) but most of the day was spent like this...
Does the song, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" pop into anyone's head. Well this was sung to her by her daddy a couple of times that evening and I think she was a lot more happy by the time he got home then she was the rest of the day. In her defense though I think it is safe to say that she was teething because she now has her second bottom tooth!

Here's Blair all dressed up in her cute little outfit. As you can see she wasn't very happy but at least she wasn't crying.

She really didn't know what to think of her tutu.

Birthday cake and smash cake for Blair.
I think she would have preferred the cake over the smash cake as you will see in a few pictures.


Singing to Blair. This time we actually sang "Happy Birthday" to her. Easton had to help blow out the candle.

She loved and I mean LOVED her cake! It definitely made me happy that she dug right in and ate it all up.


One happy baby!
I guess I now know that if she is ever in a bad mood that all I have to do is give her a cupcake and she'll be happy!


Opening presents. As you can see Easton had to help in this department as well. Blair wasn't opening her gifts fast enough for him.


Blair had more fun sitting on her gifts than opening them. Silly girl!
Happy Birthday baby girl! We sure loved having you in our family this past year.


3 comments:

Diana said...

She's a girl after my own heart. I'm always happier after a cupcake too. Happy Birthday Blair, you sure are a cutie.

Hot Gma said...

Can I have cake when I come to visit? Maybe Blair and I can bond.

Child Family said...

I see you liked my idea for Ashlyn on her 1st b-day! hint:tutu?