Saturday, December 18, 2010

Blair at 18 months

Blair has officially turned 18 months which means she gets to go to Nursery now! I have loved having her as my little buddy at church especially since I didn't get to have that with Easton, but at the same time I think we were both a little ready for her to go hang out with the other kids. I admit it was a little lonely without her last Sunday (even though she didn't feel the same way at all). Easton took her by the hand and walked her into Nursery (it was one of the cutest things ever!). She instantly saw the toys and never looked back. I checked on her twice from the window so she couldn't see me and she was as happy as could be. I actually wasn't expecting this from Blair. I thought she would be one of those crying kids that wouldn't let go without a fight. Boy was I wrong but you know it is all good! She has definitely become a lot more independent since she finally got the hang of walking at about 13 months. Hopefully it won't change once Easton leaves Nursery in January, but I guess we will find out.

Blair's a little performer. Whether she has an audience or not she will perform. It is really cute. You will walk into a room or turn around and there she is just dancing/twirling away. One of her new favorite things to do is to sit on the bottom stair with a Christmas card and sing her little heart out! The other day she sang for at least five minutes! I started laughing because it was so cute and all she did was turn to me, give me a huge smile, and then return to her singing. At church she loves to lead the music. She will try to stand up on the bench and just go crazy waving her hand and singing along.

I find it funny sometimes when Blair does some things where you know she has to have a brother. Last week at church she started roaring in Sacrament meeting. When ever she plays with cars she has to make car noises like Easton does. My absolute favorite happened last week. She was holding her baby all nice and then the next thing I know she throws the baby to the ground and body slams her! Before this incident I was actually thinking she was going to be a good, loving older sister, but now I'm a little afraid what is in store for her new little sibling.

Blair has some of the best/funniest facial expressions ever! My favorite has to be her surprised look. Hopefully someday I can get a picture of it.

Blair is doing better with her talking and will now try and copy words we say but it is generally when we ask her to say them or ask her what something is. It isn't very often that she will just come out and say words (unless it is "NO!" or "meese" (please) especially when she really wants something ). However the other day Nathan took her to Walmart and when they went past the produce she yelled, "nana!" (banana). She is still signing and probably prefers signing over talking right now. Hopefully that will change over the next month or so.

One thing I don't understand about Blair is every time Easton gets put in time out (generally because he did something mean to Blair) she will go straight to time out with Easton. Sometimes she will sit with him and other times she will just stand next to him. I'm not sure if it is because she loves Easton and forgives him and wants him to play with her or if it is because she is rubbing it in his face ("haha you're in time out"). Whatever it is without fail Easton will hit/push/kick/etc. her. This happens every time so you would think she would catch on and just leave him alone to do his time. Maybe someday she will figure it out.

No comments: