Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Fun

We finally got around to decorating our house for Christmas last week. Nathan put up some lights outside on our house. The kids had fun trying to climb the ladder with daddy and picking up daddy's mess behind him. We put up our little Christmas tree (maybe once Christmas is over we can find a bigger tree on sale for next year) and decorations. I think the kids are having more fun this week redecorating and rearranging all the ornaments and boxes under the tree than they did putting them up in the first place. Easton has gotten pretty creative and takes all the bulb ornaments and strings them all together. It makes for a really pretty part of a tree but the rest of the tree looks bare in comparison. Blair just pulls all the bulbs apart so I'm constantly all day putting them back together and hanging them back on the tree. I'm not sure our boxes are going to make it another year. The kids really like to play with them and they are really taking a beating this year. We've had them for seven years now so I guess they have lasted longer than I thought they would.

We went to our wards Christmas party last Saturday and were asked to bring a plate of cookies. We decided to be rebels and bring cupcakes instead. I figured it was okay as long as it was still a dessert and people could eat them with their fingers. We decided to make some cute snowmen cupcakes. The party was nice and they had a great program but I was a little disappointed that Santa didn't make an appearance. In the past the ward Santa is the only Santa that hasn't made Easton cry.

2 comments:

SMT Family said...

You are so creative! Those are the cutest cupcake treats ever. You are a total super mom. Do you mind sharing your technique with me?

I can't believe those boxes have lasted that long. I remember us playing with them :) Your house looks beautiful. I'm sure the kids love having a little tree!

Love you tons!

Child Family said...

Yeah! You need a way bigger tree since you have such high ceilings! I do like the Snow man things! WAY CUTE!