Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

Its official! I'm a slacker when it comes to my blog recently. It is probably due to the fact that I've been even more of a slacker taking pictures and I find it hard to blog without pictures. Anyways, we went to my family's for Thanksgiving this year. We stopped in to see my sister in Oregon for about a day and they took us hiking to see some beautiful waterfalls. We knew it was going to be cold but we had no idea that it was going to have snow there. Easton definitely loved playing in the snow but after about 30 minutes he was wet and cold. Jac and I couldn't help ourselves and had to make snow angels.

The rest of the break was spent between my mom's and dad's house. We were supposed to go up to my grandparent's house for Thanksgiving but because the weather wasn't cooperating we stayed and had a nice feast with my Dad, Sharon, and Sharon's family. It was definitely nice and I can't believe that Sharon was able to pull it off all last minute but at the same time I was pretty bummed that I didn't get to see my grandparents and my brother and his family. That was our family tradition growing up every year to go to my grandparent's house for Thanksgiving and I was excited to share that with my family this year. My grandparents are getting older and I'm guessing this was probably the last year that they were going to have thanksgiving at their house.

It was good to see my parents though and the kids loved hanging out with their grandparents. Every morning when Easton woke up he had to know where Grandma was. He was sad on the mornings that Grandma was at work. Easton loved Grandma reading goodnight stories to him too! Easton and Blair both loved Grandpa singing the rabbit song to them and Easton even made me call Grandpa up so that he could hear it again. Silly kid! Blair absolutely loved Grandpa's M&Ms. Every time she came downstairs the first thing she did was beg for the M&Ms. Easton of course loved them too! Easton loves his grandparents and even told them he did on several occasions.

Our car ride home was very long and we ran into some bad weather but we had to make it home in time for Nathan's grandparent's visit. They ran into some bad weather too and actually didn't make it to our house when they thought they would. It gave us time to grocery shop but unfortunately our house was a little messy when they showed up since we didn't really have time to unpack. Blair and I took Grandpa and Grandma to the Jelly Belly Factory on Monday while Easton was at preschool and then the rest of their visit was mainly visiting and playing games. It was a short visit but it was nice to see them.

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

Welcome back to blogland! ;)