Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Time!


Christmas was a little different for us this year since Nathan had to work all day and night Christmas Eve (started at 6am) and didn't get off until noon Christmas day. Things felt a little off and weird for me (I'm sure the kids had no idea) but overall it turned out really well.




Easton painting Christmas ornaments.


On Christmas Eve we watched a movie and then the kids opened their pjs. We got the pjs while we were in San Francisco visiting China Town a few months ago. Aren't they cute in their Chinese pjs? After the movie we got ready for bed and I thought it would be fun to have a sleep over in mommy's and daddy's room, since Nathan was gone, but after wrestling two karate kids jumping on the bed for over a half hour it was time to break up the party and send everyone to their own room. It would have been fun if I wasn't so tired and exhausted. Yes, I know I'm a party pooper!


Easton thought he was a ninja and had to do some karate moves.

And Blair of course had to get in on the action too!

Video of Easton doing some fancy moves:




Christmas morning I decided it would be nice to have cinnamon rolls (I was probably just craving them) but since I have been so tired I really didn't want to make them so I just bought some. I'm really glad that I didn't go to all that work since they weren't a big hit with my kids. Easton took one look at them and said he didn't like them (wouldn't even try it) and Blair just poked at hers with a fork (weird since this girl eats basically anything). I enjoyed every bite!



Since Nathan didn't get off work until noon I really didn't think it would be fair to the kids to have to look at their gifts all morning and not be able to open them so Nathan and I decided before hand that we wouldn't do gifts until the kids got up from their naps (kind of like waking up Christmas morning right?). I didn't want to do it right when Nathan got home because it would be right before nap time and who wants to open their gifts and not be able to play with them because they have to go and take a nap? Again not fair. Easton knew that it would be Christmas when he woke up so I wanted there to be something for him and Blair to open/play with. So they got their stockings when they woke up. They were super excited and it kept them busy for most of the morning.


Blair woke up first around 8:30.


And then Easton around 9:00.

Finally Nathan got home and after lunch it was nap time. Blair and Nathan both took naps but Easton of course didn't. He surprised me though by staying in his room the whole time. It was a good thing since I was bringing all the gifts out to the living room and we have windows upstairs that overlooks the living room. Easton was pretty excited when he came out of his room and saw all the gifts waiting for him.



Gift from Auntie Kim. Easton and Blair love them.


Gift from Gramma Sue and Grandpa Layne. They are roll up chalk boards.

Easton writing "thanks". His "s" is backwards but overall his writing is pretty good.
Side note: I think it's funny. Easton calls his grandpa, "Grandpa Layne Kelsey". It isn't Grandpa Layne or Grandpa Kelsey but Grandpa Layne Kelsey.



They also got pillow cases. Blair had another idea for hers though...

Video of Easton and Blair checking out the bug G&G Kelsey got Easton:





Doctor set from Grandma Gretch and Grandpa Jerry. Easton refers to himself as Dr. Easton now. He and Blair have fun looking into our ears and mouth. Easton: "Let me look in your ear. ummm...very good ears!"


"Blair's princess tent" as Easton refers to it as. From G&G Uehling.


Hippo game from Gma Whiting. Easton is obsessed with this game. He would play it all day if we let him.


Vaccum from Gma Whiting. Blair loves this but so does Easton. They fight over it!

The kids also got saving bonds from Gpa Whiting and Gma Sharon.

I forgot to get pictures of their other gifts but Blair got a kitchen set with fake food and Easton got a remote control car and the mario kart wii game with the wii car (picture below). Easton loves the blow up car but has a hard time playing the game.


Thank you to all the grandparents for their generous gifts. The kids love all of their gifts! We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: