Saturday, October 22, 2011

Nate flying Solo!!!

Today was the scary/exciting day where Nathan was able to fly solo! We basically knew it was going to be today (it all depended on if Nathan was landing well) and I was nervous all morning. Nathan texted me saying that he flew solo and that he landed safely. Thank goodness! I don't doubt that Nathan flies well but it is still a little nerv wracking.

I guess it is tradition that when you finally fly solo you cut the back of the shirt you're wearing (like a flag) and decorate it. Nathan's is cut but he still needs to decorate it.

His next flight he will have to fly to a different airport. It's weird because he drives about 45 minutes to fly when we have an airport here in Vacaville but the Travis Aero Club is in Rio Vista so that is where he drives to. Luckily he will be flying into nut tree (Vacaville) so I think I'll take the kids there to watch Nathan land and take off. I think it will be fun since none of us have seen Nathan fly yet.

I'm not sure I posted earlier (maybe I did) but Nathan took and passed his written pilots license test about a month ago. He is definitely well on his way of getting his private pilots license. Maybe one of these days I will be daring enough to go flying with him.

Nathan's flight instructor was nice enough to take these pictures of Nathan (I think landing but he might be taking off?). In any case they are pictures of Nathan flying!

Good Job Handsome!!!

No comments: