Friday, October 21, 2011

What the???

You got to love kids/pets and the silly/weird things they do. Let's start with Easton:


Easton's personal prayer before bedtime generally has me cracking up (inside of course). One of my favorite things he usually says is, "Thank you that daddy, and mommy, and me, and Blair could go and pick up grandma from the airport. She's cool!" Recently he's been using cool and awesome to describe things he's thankful for. Last night he was listing a bunch of things like, "thank you for dinosaurs, and trains, and cars, etc." And then he says, "They're super awesome!" I may or may not have giggled out loud a little. I mean who says that?


Easton's newest thing when he is upset with you is to say, "I'm never going to play with you again if you don't let me _________ " (fill in the blank with something he wants to do). That or he will say, "If you don't let me ______________ then I won't be your best bud anymore." I'm assuming these must be sayings he has learned from other classmates. Kids can be so mean and hurtful to each other. I know I would have been sad if one of my friends (at this age) would have said something like that to me.


Yesterday I was cleaning out Dyer's closet (boxing up the outgrown clothes and unpacking the next size clothes) when I see Easton running past Dyer's bedroom door naked.
Me: "Easton why are you naked?"
Easton: "Because I had to go potty."
Me: "Okay but why are you naked? Go put your clothes back on."



Easton walks away but then 5 minutes later I hear crashing sounds coming from the bathroom. I walk down the hall towards the bathroom and try to open the door but it's locked.
Me: "Easton open the door!"
Easton opens the door and is still naked with a baseball bat in his hand. Which he was swinging around and knocking things over.
Me: "What are you doing!?! Why are you still naked?"
Easton: "Because I'm having a naked party!"
WHAT!!!!!!! Where the heck did he get this from?
Me: "Get your clothes on!"
Easton: "I can't."
Me: "And why is that?"
Easton: "Because I... kind of...accidentally...peed on my shirt."
Really!?! I don't even want to know.... I don't even bother asking him anymore questions and instead just go to his room and get all new clothes for him.


Blair:

I walk into the kitchen the other day and find Blair's singing, "shake my booty!" as she is well...shaking her booty! It was a proud moment for me!

As some of you know we have been potty training Blair. Some days are good. Others are...well lets be honest...horrible. It really just depends on Blair's mood for that day. Well, on Sunday at church Blair was doing rather well. She went pee three times but then I saw her walking in the hall with her teacher. Anyone familiar with this scene knows this can only mean one thing....Blair is poopy! Dang it!!! It's always gross to change poop but it is especially gross when the kid is wearing underwear! I get the diaper bag from Nathan and take Blair in the bathroom to clean her up. I get her soiled underwear off and while I am wiping her she looks right at her poopy underwear and says no joke, "Hi poop! I'm Bair Bear!"


Dyer:

I swear Dyer is the only normal one...Okay it may or not may not be because he is only 4 months and can't really do or say anything.

Moving on...

Dexter:

I thought cats (not including tigers) don't like water? Dexter is a strange cat I've decided. He is obsessed with anything water related. You lift up the toilet seat to go the bathroom and Dexter comes running. I don't know how many times he has scared me because one minute I think I'm alone and the next I feel a furry thing on my back/butt. He apparently likes to sit on the toilet seat with you. Of course I don't allow this so the next best thing for him is to wait next to the toilet until you're done and then jump up to watch the toilet flush. He tends to stick his head in and try to bat at the water as it is flushing. When someone turns on the faucet to wash their hands or brush their teeth he comes running as well. Again he bats at the water and will even drink from the downward stream of water. When the shower is on he will sit outside the glass door/window and try to find a way in.

Video of Dexter playing in water:

The other day I got up early and found a nice surprise (poop) on the downstairs bathroom floor. At first I thought it was Blair but upon closer observation I realized it was Dexter. Nathan was nice enough to clean it up and told me Dexter wasn't allowed in the bathroom anymore. Apparently Nathan thought that because Dexter watches us go potty in the bathroom that he wanted to give it a try. I informed Nathan that his litter box door was jammed and he couldn't get in to do his deed. I'm convinced though that I could have him toilet trained before Blair if I gave it a try.

No comments: