Wednesday, December 31, 2008

19 months and new bathroom


Along with fits almost daily these days, Easton is also doing some new and really cute things. The other day when I was changing Easton’s diaper I decided to sing to him the wheels on the bus to distract him since changing his diaper these days are a huge challenge. He absolutely hates getting his diaper changed. Anyways, while I was singing the song Easton started to do all the hand movements to the song all by himself. In the past he has done the wheels and the horn part but never any of the other ones. I was a little surprised but definitely amazed that he could remember all of these all by himself. I keep trying to get this on video but he won’t cooperate with me. Easton also likes the song head, shoulders, knees, and toes. He tries so hard to do the movements but he goes from his head straight to his toes, missing his shoulders and knees. He does pretty well with his eyes, ears, mouth, and nose but he does need some assistance. It is cute to see him try to keep up and do all the movements. Also, recently Easton will grab a tissue and come up to me or his monkey stuffed animal and wipe one of our mouths every so softly. He loves all his stuffed animals and will hug them and carry them all around the house. I hope this along with wiping his monkey’s mouth is a sign that Easton is excited and ready to be a big brother. Easton has also taken a liking to shoes. Just yesterday he figured out how to put my shoes on and was walking all around the house in them.

The other day I decided it was time to redecorate the spare bathroom. Since Easton is really the only one who uses it these days I decided to make it a kiddy bathroom. Also because Easton seems to really love his monkey more than any of his other stuffed animals I decided naturally to do a monkey theme. Easton absolutely loves his new bathroom. He gets a big grin on his face when the door is open and runs straight to the bathroom rug where he will lay on it and cuddle with the monkey on it.