Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Weekend

Nathan had a three day weekend so we decided to make a trip up to New York to see Shannah and Skyler (too bad little Savannah didn’t decide to make her appearance). We spent Friday at Palmyra. It was really neat to see the Hill Cumorah, Joseph’s home, and the Sacred Grove. I can’t tell you how cool it was to visit the same places that either Heavenly Father and Jesus visited or an angel of the Lord visited. I just wished that the Hill Cumorah Pageant would have been going on that same weekend. They were setting up for it for this coming weekend. Maybe some day we will be able to go and see it. Easton had fun in the Sacred Grove (he got so dirty) and at the Hill Cumorah (there was an old cat there that Easton got so excited about). I can’t say that he had much fun touring the houses probably because he wasn’t allowed to touch or do anything. I know his parents are so mean.
Hill Cumorah:

Angel Moroni












Family Pic.

Pic of Blair since you can't see her in any of the family pics.



Cute pic of Daddy and Blair.




Smith Farm House:

Dining room (I can't believe that they had 11 people living in this small little house).


Easton getting in trouble. He just didn't understand not going into the roped off part.

One of the beds that three of the smith boys had to share.

Palmyra Temple:


Saturday we went on a little nature hike (I couldn’t find the camera so there are no pictures. Shannah took some so maybe I can steal some from her and post them later). I think Easton had a good time running (or should I say trotting) around on the trails and getting dirty. It was a little hard for him to see any of the frogs and turtles because they blended in so well with their surroundings. We would try to point out frogs to him but before he could see them, they would jump in the water and startle Easton. He really liked the tadpoles though. He couldn’t get enough of the “fishies”. We also went to the local farmers market to eat lunch. I swear Easton must be having a growth spurt because he is always hungry and he is eating a lot. I think he ate more than half of my personal pizza and it was a pretty big pizza. Later that evening we went to a BBQ with a few of their ward member friends. We didn’t actually go and see any fireworks but because Shannah and Skyler live on a big hill we were able to see some fireworks from inside their house.

We went to sacrament with the Tanners and then headed home. It was a good thing that we didn’t stay for all three hours of church because we ran into construction zones which caused lots of traffic. We were planning on arriving home around 6 but we didn’t get home until closer to 10. Before church Shannah was nice enough to take some pictures of Easton and Blair. Blair didn’t cooperate very well so I’m not sure how well her pictures turned out but Easton took some good pictures. I can’t wait to get the pictures and see how well they turned out.

Thanks Shannah and Skyler for letting us come. We had a great time!


While I was packing for our trip Easton walked by my room with my mascara in his hand. He started to twist it open so I ran up to him to take it away before he could open it and get it everywhere. Little did I know he had already opened it and used it on himself. He must watch me too often because he definitely had the right idea of how to put it on.


It is a little hard to see but he did manage to get some on his eye lashes.



I forgot to tell this story of Easton last week. Once the weather started to get nice around here we also started to get thunder storms. Easton of course was a little frightened of the thunder so Nathan decided to make it fun and exciting for Easton. Anytime we hear thunder Easton will now yell, “thunder clap” and clap his hands together when he says clap. It definitely worked for Easton because he now gets really excited about thunder. Anyways, we were at church (I was out changing and feeding Blair so this is what Nathan told me) and during sacrament meeting Easton was looking through his sacrament book. When he came to the picture of Jesus calming the sea he saw the lightning and yelled, “thunder clap” while clapping his hands. I must say that he is a pretty smart boy to know that lightning and thunder go together.


Blair is now officially smiling! She started yesterday. She is super cute! I of course couldn't find the camera because it was still packed away so I could only get it on my phone. It is a little blury but still cute!

1 comment:

Hot Gma said...

Cute pictures. My babies are sooooo cute. Some day I want to see the pagent too. Maybe we can go together?